No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Not Budging From Terms For Canelo-Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Not Budging From Terms For Canelo-Golovkin

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya, who handles Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs), has no intention of backing away from the financial terms that were presented to Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (37-0 33 KOs) for a September pay-per-view fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-20-2017, 11:32 PM.

**** your ppvs

fight on HBO or Showtime you leeches

Comment

The fight hurt Golovkin, a big part of his draw was the appearance that he was unbeatable that's gone now.

Comment

The sooner that fight gets made the better for GGG. I think he should take the best deal they can get out of Canelo and fight this year or early next. He does not have a trajectory that will improve his bargaining position at all.

Comment

Please some1 deliver Oscar my message:
          "Sure budz."

Comment

Translation you got the contract we ain't upping it one penny. Sign for 15m or keep fighting for about 2m. GGG has no leverage.

Comment

Golovkin's stock in the boxing world probably dropped. I'm not convinced it has diminished his market value though, not in the context of a Canelo fight at least. That's still a huge deal.

Even though I don't buy Team Golovkin's talk about deliberately looking vulnerable at all, ironically I think it will turn out to be fairly accurate. The vulnerability he has shown in the last couple of fights will give GBP the encouragement they need to make the fight.

And Oscar needs to chill a little with some of his comments about Golovkin's team being unreasonable. I know he's a promoter, and he has to spin it that way.

But has already he forgotten how he felt when he took Arum's flat fee offer for the Trinidad fight? And Bob ended up making more money than him?

Although I think Golovkin's team should take an eight figure offer at this stage, I can't blame any well known fight for rejecting a flat fee. It's a bull**** position to take, and it throws up an obstacle to a fight that's completely unnecessary.

Comment

ODH and Canelo were probably beating each other off watching the fight Saturday seeing GGG actually have a tough fight. He still won and they are still going to try and negotiate through the media.

Comment

Golovkin should do the rematch first it's a winnable fight if he fixed his mistakes. How's a duck gonna demand a fight with a guy he's accusing of ducking?

It's simple. Golovkin can win convincingly if he was only more willing to take shots to get his off. You know. Heart. He might even get the KO if he was willing to press hard enough.

This is the only thing that was exposed in the fight that Golovkin doesn't have more heart then your average slick boxer when he's faced with equal fire power. He won't beat his opponent he waits for his opponent to beat himself.

Comment

Don't many feel Canelo has a win like this against Lara?

Comment

Working...
                    X