No announcement yet.

just rewatched ward/kovalev 2 again for the first time in a long time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    i understand ward fouled alot of hearts and egos when he pulled golovkins pants down and exposed roast beef curtains....but i didnt realize he fouled your soul with his destruction of kovalev too...yikes
    No, some of us just don't like people that have to get away with cheating to win. The whole "if he gets away with it why not" mentality is bull****, apply that to PED's and all of a sudden you have an issue but in the ring it doesn't matter? GTFOH. This sport is about all about the agreed upon rules otherwise its just mma minus the groundwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      i dont think hes dirty..hes a spoiler...its a different type of fighter.....if there werent different types of fighters boxing would be pretty boring.....and it would just be two guys standing at ideal range seeing whos tougher and stronger

these EE guys dont like when someone can effectively fight inside and is tough....they like to stand at ideal range and box...if someone allows them to do that they are hard to beat..most of them are strong and good and putting punches together at ideal range....when u change that up on them tho they sometimes look pretty uncomfortable
      Good point curt. I wasn’t insinuating that he was Golata-esque lol

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
        No, some of us just don't like people that have to get away with cheating to win. The whole "if he gets away with it why not" mentality is bull****, apply that to PED's and all of a sudden you have an issue but in the ring it doesn't matter? GTFOH. This sport is about all about the agreed upon rules otherwise its just mma minus the groundwork.
        I’m not for cheating but why don’t you like the if he gets away with it why not? Look at Tito the ball wacker

Comment

a lowblow stoppage when the scorecards were practically even = wow what a masterclass

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
            where did i ever imply the "if he gets away with it why not" mentality here? or ever?

i didnt...and i never will...because i dont believe he cheated anyway...he won fair and square....he put in work...only those looking for excuses, and trying to explain why they were so wrong, are talking like he cheated....didnt see many real boxing scribes suggesting it...just a bunch of bitter clowns on boxing boards who swore ward was scared and was going to have his life ended by krusher....i guess we can lump you into that category without asking further questions! lol

Comment

It was not a masterclass.

Kovalev was winning the early rounds, but I think there was doubt in his mind that he could close the fight out.

Ward is clever, he broke Kovalev by hitting low and getting in his head.

Boxing is better without Ward IMO, guys like him and Hopkins are great a spoiling and neutralizing but ultimately do little to improve the entertainment value.

Anyway, Ward lost the first fight...if you look at his face when the cards are read out you can see how surprised he was.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                It was not a masterclass.

Kovalev was winning the early rounds, but I think there was doubt in his mind that he could close the fight out.

Ward is clever, he broke Kovalev by hitting low and getting in his head.

Boxing is better without Ward IMO, guys like him and Hopkins are great a spoiling and neutralizing but ultimately do little to improve the entertainment value.

Anyway, Ward lost the first fight...if you look at his face when the cards are read out you can see how surprised he was.
                you def right...ward is clever...he went to the body and invested in that work and systematically broke kovalev down(if you call this clever...most people just call it being a smart well rounded boxer)...too many headhunters in boxing ....ward is versatile...and lets not forget that beauty of a right hand, from a featherfist, that had kovalev ready to go

Comment

Ward was definitely good, not sure if he was great.

He was a "fight at home" only style fighter who was extremely dirty. Watch the fight with Kessler, poor guy had no fn idea what he had walked into. Had that fight been anywhere else, and Ward would have been DQ'd.

The first fight against Kovalev, he lost convincingly, once again, had that been scored properly, nobody would have even wanted a rematch, but once again, extremely bias / corrupt officiating....so that get's him a second chance, and we all see he should have been DQ'd, but once again, home boy to the max.

The above explanations would not be accepted by blind fans though, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonis View Post
                    what are you talking about... He headbutted his way to a stoppage he nearly destroyed the guys face....is this what you call a masterclass???? The guy is dirty as ****
                    Yeah, that shít was so severe, it should have been a disqualification and a prison sentence.

Comment

wards fans will say he won the first fight and won the second cleanly, both false to anyone with a brain

Comment

Working...
                      X