No announcement yet.

Bruce Lee said....(Loma Mikey related)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    He eats alot of Mexican food, if you watch the live streams, Mikey drinks a few beers and eating out all the time. I dont think lomachenko indulges like that if I were to guess.

Yup, they both won their first titles at 126.

There's no size advantage for either man in this fight. Mikey looks flabby above 130.

People also forget that Loma had a bunch of 135 fights in the World Series of Boxing tournament before fighting Salido.

Comment

I buy into that.

The thing with boxing is its very hard to measure skill. A lot of the times fans, trainers, fighters have or develop this thing were they'll believe or buy into a guy being more skilled because of erratic, exaggerated movements that often have no real purpose or are easily neutralised. Its a flash over substance thing.

They'll also underrate a more economical and conservative fighter like Mikey because he's not wasting energy. He's not putting himself out of position.

I feel Loma is the better athlete, I'm hesitant to say more skilled. Mikey is subtle and efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        they'll believe or buy into a guy being more skilled because of erratic, exaggerated movements that often have no real purpose or are easily neutralised. Its a flash over substance thing.

I feel Loma is the better athlete
        Excellent way to put it.
        People really tend to overlook guys like Ward and Garcia because they don't see the flash. It's funny because people remember Ward vs Barerra as Ward getting hit way too many times by a B-level guy. After all, Barerra threw more than 200 punches more than Ward. Reality was, that Barerra missed 85% of his punches. It's that mastery of subtle movement that fans miss.

To put it in perspective, people remember Loma absolutely destroying Walters in a completely lop-sided fight. However, Loma landed a MUCH lower connect rate on Walters than Ward did Barerra. And, Walters landed a higher percentage of punches on Loma than Barerra did Ward.

Hopefully people don't take that the wrong way as I'm not trying to make a Ward/Loma argument. I'm just supporting what you're saying in that it's all about perception. Garcia's skill level is criminally overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Garcia's last two fights were at super lightweight against pretty decent comp and he won by decision. He couldn't put either Lipnets or Broner away and they were 5'-6" and 5'-7" respectively. Loma is also 5'-7", yet he is 10 times the boxer that both those guys are. Size does matter obviously, millions of women will tell anyone the same.......but I feel Loma is going to bring something that Mikey hasn't ever delt with before. He himself is extremely skilled and both guys have the mental edge.

I would really like to see this fight, one of those once every 5 year type fights total matchup wise.
          But to be FAIR and honestly as much as i dislike broner he DOES have a chin. Yes mikey didnt stop broner BUT neither did maidana or porter. Broner is game for a full 12 and hard to KO. Lipinets is tough and game as well, has he ever been stopped?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I buy into that.

The thing with boxing is its very hard to measure skill. A lot of the times fans, trainers, fighters have or develop this thing were they'll believe or buy into a guy being more skilled because of erratic, exaggerated movements that often have no real purpose or are easily neutralised. Its a flash over substance thing.

They'll also underrate a more economical and conservative fighter like Mikey because he's not wasting energy. He's not putting himself out of position.

I feel Loma is the better athlete, I'm hesitant to say more skilled. Mikey is subtle and efficient.

Solid points. Agreed loma is definitely the better athlete. Its a very interesting match up for sure

Comment

There's the saying that speed beat size too. The two of them have around the same timing, so Lomachenko will have a bit of a edge in this. Still, he needs to grow into a full-fledged lightweight to not be just walked by the bigger guy. Anyway, I feel that this fight will have more to do with how the styles clash than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
                There's the saying that speed beat size too. The two of them have around the same timing, so Lomachenko will have a bit of a edge in this. Still, he needs to grow into a full-fledged lightweight to not be just walked by the bigger guy. Anyway, I feel that this fight will have more to do with how the styles clash than anything else
                The size between the two is not that big. If Lomo is as skilled as some claim him to be, he should be able to take on a slightly bigger man

Floyd, Manny and others have gone up and faced bigger men and beat them convincingly, i would go as far as to say the men they fought had a real size advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  The size between the two is not that big. If Lomo is as skilled as some claim him to be, he should be able to take on a slightly bigger man

Floyd, Manny and others have gone up and faced bigger men and beat them convincingly, i would go as far as to say the men they fought had a real size advantage.
                  Nah, Loma has just stepped in the lightweight while Garcia is fighting at welter jr and preparing to go to welterweight.
                  I do think their skill is very close, every little thing can change the result. That's why it's such a good match up

Comment

If the fight is at 135 I'll pick Loma to win. I think he has better skills than Mikey and Mikey isn't all that much bigger. Loma should not fight Mikey or any other ace at 140. He is more of a featherweight and 135 should be as high as he goes.

Comment

Loma is great at analyzing and adapting to his opponent on the fly...

Comment

Working...
                      X