Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder is a historically great puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His power is something else. If only he'd actually improve his technical ability

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
      True, not many World title holders with 41 fights have a weaker resume than Wilder.

Basically Fury and Ortiz are his only 2 real fights. And one he was extremely lucky to draw and the other he very nearly lost.
      Heavyweight is a thin division AJ and Fury don't have a great resume either unless you want to act like Parker and Martin are killers

Comment

I hate to think how much more devastating he would be if he had better technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
          He was 223 in his last fight so don't bs. His power look weak when he's under 220 lbs.
          1. He fought a great portion of his career weighing under 218lbs.

2. He put Ortiz down three times weighing 214lbs, and his knockdowns on Fury were punches that didn't even have full steam on them while he weighed 212lbs.

Educate yourself before you type my friend.
          Last edited by lolpz; 05-21-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

He's a good puncher, however IMO the talent level, or rather the skill level, at HW has dropped dramatically. There are no good all around heavies today. You either have finesse guys like Fury who lack power, or strong fighters who have no movement. As a result, Wilder looks like a better puncher than he is. He's not afraid of Finesse guys' return fire which lets him focus on getting his shot in, while the heavy hitters are there to be hit. Put Wilder in the ring against someone who both has respectable power and is responsible defensively, and Wilder wont even get close to a KO.

In short, compare how Golovkin fought Monroe Jr (no power) or Lemieux, to how he fought Danny and Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              1. He fought a great portion of his career weighing under 218lbs.

2. He put Ortiz down three times weighing 214lbs, and his knockdowns on Fury were punches that didn't even have full steam on them while he weighed 212lbs.

Educate yourself before you type my friend.
              I can see you are a casual so I will educate you my boy.

1. He fought cruiserweights most of his career so his 218 was more then enough to knock out non heavyweights.

2. He put Ortiz down but he only knocked him out when Ortiz was exhausted and couldn't fight any more, he was tired and not knocked out because of punching power. He knocked down Fury but both knockdowns weren't anything big, Fury was perfectly fine once he got up on both occasions, also it's a well known fact that Fury has a glass chin and even cruiserweight knocked him down.

Try to be objective my boy and don't make up lies.

Comment

Styles make fights. Wilder came out aggressive and backed Breazale into a corner then got clipped. He took his chances but he is vulnerable. Joshua isn't stupid and has good boxing abilities. Wilder can't beat Joshua if they ever get to fight. At the moment seems like Wilder will be fighting Ortiz. Last time Ortiz had Wilder on Queer Street but the ref was obviously paid to protect Wilder. We will see how that fight goes but Ortiz can knock Wilder out.

Comment

Originally posted by DJrabit View Post
                  Wrong any boxer will look good with his weak resume.

huge difference between looking good and knocking men completely unconscious. wilder doesn't even have good balance, technique, accuracy, and sometimes his knockout shots are pushed or not even all that clean or well placed

he has god given, once in a generation power.

tyson, foreman, shavers, tua, lewis, wladimir, louis, i think he's in the conversation with all of these guys.

Comment

1. He fought cruiserweights most of his career so his 218 was more then enough to knock out non heavyweights.

2. He put Ortiz down but he only knocked him out when Ortiz was exhausted and couldn't fight any more, he was tired and not knocked out because of punching power. He knocked down Fury but both knockdowns weren't anything big, Fury was perfectly fine once he got up on both occasions, also it's a well known fact that Fury has a glass chin and even cruiserweight knocked him down.

Comment

I just looked through his boxrec again just to be sure, I didn't see a single guy he fought who weighed below 200lbs. He never fought at crusierweight. A lot of those guys weighed 230+, 34 of them to be exact.

With that being said-

"2. He put Ortiz down but he only knocked him out when Ortiz was exhausted and couldn't fight any more, he was tired and not knocked out because of punching power. He knocked down Fury but both knockdowns weren't anything big, Fury was perfectly fine once he got up on both occasions, also it's a well known fact that Fury has a glass chin and even cruiserweight knocked him down."

^ That level of ignorance, stupidity, and pure retardation doesn't even warrant a response. God bless you.

Comment

Working...
                      X