No announcement yet.

Top 10 hardest punchers in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True That View Post
    I only know of 1 guy that got knocked out like that by Wilder. That was Szpilka.

If Wilder had Tua's chin he would be unstoppable.
    Agreed, though I’d argue none of us even really know how Wilder’s jaw is.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      I'd have liked to have seen a prime Lennox Lewis against Wilder...I don't think Wilder would have had a chance.
      Lennox had textbook straight right hand. No wasted movement. Of course it would be delivered faster than Wilder's sloppy punches. And it could arguably be the single most powerful punch in the history of boxing. Very little chances for Wilder in this match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I think he showed a decent enough chin against Ortiz. We've seen that Ortiz is a banger in his own right, and he managed to survive the round after being clocked clean and rallied to win the fight. That's about as good as a chin check as you can ask for really. He was hurt, and he's been down before in his career so it's not like he's Vitali Klitschko or Ike Ikeabuchi or anything, but he's definitely no glassjaw either. At worst his chin is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
          I think he showed a decent enough chin against Ortiz. We've seen that Ortiz is a banger in his own right, and he managed to survive the round after being clocked clean and rallied to win the fight. That's about as good as a chin check as you can ask for really. He was hurt, and he's been down before in his career so it's not like he's Vitali Klitschko or Ike Ikeabuchi or anything, but he's definitely no glassjaw either. At worst his chin is decent.
          Yeah I think he’s got a great chin from what I’ve seen. People talk about him being KD early in his career but I haven’t seen it so I can’t speak on it. He may not be Vitali but he sure as hell isnt Wlad lol

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Eh.......I would say it's about the same as Joshua's jaw. We've seen Wilder dropped in the amateurs, in the pros he got dropped by Harold Sconiers, got hurt by Molina, Ortiz, rumored to be dropped by Klitschko in sparring, same as Joshua who also got dropped in the amateurs, as a pro also, etc.....

Though Wilder definitely has greater 1 punch KO power than Joshua.

Comment

They weren't out cold like Szpilka is what I mean. I know about the seizure Liakhovich had, after a couple of seconds of that he was trying to get up, the medical personnel and ref were telling him Sergey stay down, don't get up, don't get up and of course we saw Breazeale. I'm just saying completely asleep like Szpilka, he's the only one I've seen like that.

im pretty sure stiverne was sleeping for a good 20 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

im pretty sure stiverne was sleeping for a good 20 seconds

I'm being specific bro, I'm talking about out for like 5 to 6 minutes out like John Ruiz was with David Tua. The only guy I've seen like that was Szpilka.

Comment

I'm being specific bro, I'm talking about out for like 5 to 6 minutes out like John Ruiz was with David Tua. The only guy I've seen like that was Szpilka.
                  ah ok I see what you mean

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    ah ok I see what you mean

No doubt, I think we both and all can or should agree that Wilder is the hardest puncher in boxing today. Hands down.

Comment

Eh.......I would say it's about the same as Joshua's jaw. We've seen Wilder dropped in the amateurs, in the pros he got dropped by Harold Sconiers, got hurt by Molina, Ortiz, rumored to be dropped by Klitschko in sparring, same as Joshua who also got dropped in the amateurs, as a pro also, etc.....

Though Wilder definitely has greater 1 punch KO power than Joshua.
                      That's what I'm saying though, I've heard about him dripped by Sconiers, but I haven't seen it. I've heard about him being dropped in the ams, but the video someone posted was a clear slip, so I doubt that was it. Everything else like you mentioned is rumors of sparring...I'm not saying the guy has a great jaw, Just dont know if it's good or not. The Ortiz fight surprised the hell out of me, because until then I thought Wilder would have a weak jaw and if you rewatch the Ortiz fight, at the end of that round he walks back to his corner on steady legs (When I watched live I thought he was completely ****ed and would lose the fight in the next round)

Comment

Working...
                      X