Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-10-2019, 09:44 AM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Afi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 13,379.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4truth View Post
I wonder if we'll ever know the truth. I'm not fully sold on the promoter screwing up or that Ortiz would not have jumped on the offer if he could have. Even the explanation that maybe they've been offered a rematch with Wilder they think they can win. 40 year old fighters should not and probably are not, passing up multi million dollar sure things because they've been promised something in the future.
Yeah, things just don't add up in this story!

I always support Cuban fighter such as Lara, Ortiz and co but I know the reality of the boxing game: you are a cuban, southpaw, close to 40 years old with no "major" network push. High 7 figure paydays won't just drop on you on a regular basis.
Even if (a big if) Ortiz was to make 7 mil in a rematch against Wilder, who knows if Wilder fights him next, maybe Wilder revisits Fury, maybe DAZN sends Wilder an offer that he likes.

This is not like Arum hypothetically sending a 7 million offer to Gervonta to fight Loma. In this hypothetical situation, I could understand Floyd, Leonard and Haymon to tell the young marketable kid with major network push to turn down the offer because in due time you'll make that money tenfold.

On the other hand, AJ if you really wanted Ortiz, you would have demanded him even before considering Whyte, Miller and co.

Like I said, things aren't adding up in this story but the perception makes Ortiz look bad here.
Afi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-10-2019, 09:45 AM #22
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 18225 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,302.57
Total Points: 144,648.19
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

I can see Ortiz turning the fight down to want a full training camp to give himself the best chance to win. That doesn't seem to be the real reason why he turned it down. Haymon didn't give the fight the ok.

When are the Brits on this board going to get it; Haymon is not helping DAZN sell subscriptions which could eventually lead to Haymon being out of business and more than Hearn is going to help Haymon keep the PPV model in business which affects sales of DAZN.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:53 AM #23
Contender

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
scarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond reputescarybodyshot has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,149.87
Total Points: 8,704.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolasif View Post
$7 million is more than $6.5 million.
Wilder fans: loWbAll OfFEr ThOuGh
scarybodyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:54 AM #24
Interim Champion

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Tha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 13,153.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgloveman View Post
Meanwhile, Wilder fans are still harking back to the Wilder-fan golden age...

the $50m (100% legitimate as long as there are no details, negotiations or meetings) "offer".

In spite of Wilder being offered $120m for Breazeale and AJ

It's actually laughable.
Well it's clear you don't understand business. Wilder don't need Joshua. Let him keep fighting bums over there in England. Al Haymon takes care of his fighters that's why Pac after he left Arum is making 10 times as much money. No one is taking that chump change on a short times notice. Lmao.
Tha Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:55 AM #25
Interim Champion

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Tha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these partsTha Kid is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 13,153.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.razor View Post
They should Pay more for King Kong if they wanted him to fill-in. hearn is the new bob arum..
My sentiments exactly.
Tha Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:59 AM #26
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 11806 Post(s)
kafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 158,061.36
Total Points: 184,274.70
:) - Beercules :) - MDPopescu Don't be so damned sensitive, you're Scottish. - Scott.Weiland. Have a Sunday beer on me - Steve plunger true poster!!! - MDPopescu 
war jezza! - mlac P4P funny poster list on BScene - Snoop Frog ok - clandestino Thnx for the green. Cheers - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
Probably true. Because all this betting on himself stuff doesn't actually worked in reality when it came to him.

He is coming off a PPV event with Fury (Good bet) but that hasn't transcend into him doing one on his own, He is now back on regular TV.

Which kind of shows that Fury sold that fight for him. He couldn't fight anyone and be on PPV. So he needs Joshua to get bigger in the USA which might mean more money for him (Wilder).
If Wilder was really betting on himself he would have signed the contract Hearn sent him last year and fought AJ for the undisputed HW crown, taking his destiny into his own hands instead of sitting on his one belt turning down offers and hoping they are going to keep getting bigger.
kafkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:00 AM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1435 Post(s)
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 50,640.43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dunn View Post
I can see Ortiz turning the fight down to want a full training camp to give himself the best chance to win. That doesn't seem to be the real reason why he turned it down. Haymon didn't give the fight the ok.

When are the Brits on this board going to get it; Haymon is not helping DAZN sell subscriptions which could eventually lead to Haymon being out of business and more than Hearn is going to help Haymon keep the PPV model in business which affects sales of DAZN.
Only a Wilder fan can make things like this up. Ortiz own team said they were ready and in fact had the same amount of time they had for Wilder to prepare.

Having a fight on DAZN does not directly hurt Haymon because fans will pay to see good fights , most don't even pay they stream them illegally so I have no idea where you guys get such nonsense ideas , the fighters go where they get paid more it has nothing to do with the networks on an APP or PPV model.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
REDEEMER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:03 AM #28
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 6053 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 246,668.04
Total Points: 276,922.48
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEEMER View Post
Only a Wilder fan can make things like this up. Ortiz own team said they were ready and in fact had the same amount of time they had for Wilder to prepare.

Having a fight on DAZN does not directly hurt Haymon because fans will pay to see good fights , most don't even pay they stream them illegally so I have no idea where you guys get such nonsense ideas , the fighters go where they get paid more it has nothing to do with the networks on an APP or PPV model.
Ortiz brings nothing anyways to any network. He isn't bringing any fans or helping any network grow their subs. It was us the die-hard fans that know about Ortiz and ask for the fight.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:09 AM #29
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 12890 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 181,331.24
Total Points: 182,476.82
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Ortiz should have taken the $7 million. That was a good offer and a chance to be heavyweight champion.

He or more likely his promoters droppedthe ball on that one.
ShoulderRoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:10 AM #30
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 18225 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,302.57
Total Points: 144,648.19
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEEMER View Post

Not a Wilder fan. I clearly stated That doesn't seem to be the real reason why he turned it down. You understand what that means , right?

Of course it hurts Haymon's business, the same way PPV hurts DAZN's business. If people stream illegally, that only means it's more imperative to actual legit subscriptions to ensure DAZN can succeed long term.

Fighters used to go where they get paid prior to exclusive network deals. We don't live in a world where SUgar Ray leonard fights on CBS or ABC whoever bids the most. We live in a world where Canelo fights only on DAZN and Crawford and Loma fights on ESPN or ESPN +, and Spence and Wilder fight on SHO or Fox.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends