Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield: Wilder is The Best at Heavyweight, Not Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth also is: I saw many knockdowns, but the Fury knockdown was a weird one. If it was so devastating, Fury perhaps could have stand up but would have done serious chicken dance. IMO, the hit wasn't as hard as many think.
    Last edited by Dariusz; 02-25-2019, 02:32 AM. Reason: sp.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      Fuck me, these Windmillers.

Wilder has had forty - FORTY - fights. And only three of them (correct me if I'm wrong) featured a boxer ranked in the top ten. That's 37 fights that featured cans.
      When you offer a top name guy $50 million to fight, and he WON'T take it, is it really your fault that you don't have top names on your resume? Also, there were pitiful few top names when Wilder turned pro.

Besides, who's gonna get their guy KO'd AND not make much money? Wilder's team didn't have a lot of bait money. Credit to Brits, your full support has given team hearn money to make offers (to say a Charles Martin) that fighters couldn't refuse.

You guys are hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        What does a former have to lose by a present passing them up?

It's like the only thing that makes them relevant. If Wilder becomes undisputed the only reason to talk about Lennox anymore is because he's the last undisputed.

As long as Joshua is the biggest man in the division people have a reason to talk about Lennox.

No one is talking about Marciano when Dokes is champion.

They spoke about Marciano when Jerry Quarry was being pushed as a white hope and they compared him to Marciano.

They spoke about Marciano when Holmes went for his record.

They spoke about Marciano when Money went for his record.

Ain't no one speaking about Marciano right now except Wilder here and there but if Wilder goes to 48-0 on the 49th you and I both know they will speak about Marciano.

It's good for old'ens to have young'un to compare to. It's what keeps them in public memory.

<--- stupid Wilder fan doe.
        Lenox has never said anything positive about AJ. Does it mean AJ has no positive side to his game?
        Hez obviously a hater. That's my conclusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          Povetkin beats Ortiz. Wilder didn't defeat fury he lost. Joshua himself defeats Fury and everyone on wilders resume including him so what are you getting at ? wilder is also going to fight Breazeale at some point and when he does what will the excuse be when he looks very bad in a fight Joshua toyed with him in ? Wilders second best win was just defeated as well by Joyce who also beats Ortiz.
          Ortiz KOs Povetkin late. Povetkin has zero ability to make Ortiz gas. It will be a style nightmare for Povetkin. Wilder puts no defense Breazeale to sleep, he us there to be hit.

Oh and last I checked Wilder and Fury finished as a draw. That's what their RESUMES say. Oh and please don't try and hype Joe Joyce, his own trainer says he isn't ready for an opponent like Ortiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
            Lewis had much better competition than Rahman had at the time. Still didn't stop Rahman from the KO.

Yours is silly logic.
            Rahman wasn't a champion and was fighting guys like Frankie Swindel who was a weak versions of Stiverne or Miller , I think Joshuas resume makes it relatively easy to judge the best HW so until proven otherwise he is . Wilders win over Ortiz doesn't even come close to Joshuas resume , that's his only win worth noting.Using Rahman as evidence that Wilder is better is right out of the Wilder fan handbook and you talk about silly logic . LOl
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-25-2019, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              In my opinion "The Bronze Bomber" Deontay Wilder is the People's champion. He fights for the fans by giving us the fights that we want to see. He risks not only his undefeated record but also, his health, future and legacy. Not many current Heavyweight boxers and champions can say that.

Moreover, he took two back to back high risks fights against two undefeated opponents who no one wanted to fight in Luis Ortiz and Tyson Fury. If that is not balls then I don't know what balls are. In the Ortiz fight, he was badly beaten up and battered and had to come from behind to secure the knockout victory. He had to bite down and dig deep in order to do so which showed true character.

Now onto your point about he ducked Wladimir Klitschko and he cherrypicked Tyson; Which are both factually incorrect. You are taking press clippings and passing them off as fact.

These are the facts: There's a video on YouTube from the champion's own lips calling out Wladimir Klitschko. However, Klitschko's rebuttal was that Deontay had to step up his level of opposition first.

As far as him calling out Tyson Fury. Come on! You are more intelligent that. You are a boxing fan. So you know the facts. Fury called out Wilder when Joshua refused to sign to him to fight him. Tyson wanted to restore Great Britain's back to its former honor and glory after AJ disgraced it.

I apologize for the long reply. I promise to shorten them the next time.
              Sorry to cut your response up dude! I did read it all! I appreciate the long response, its better than a one liner from a troll.

I think that we are looking at it from such differing views that its all opinion really. Joshua, IMO is still a massive hit in the UK whereas Wilder isn't really known. Fury is making a resurgence but he still sits behind Joshua with casuals IMO. Are you aware of the marmite analogy? Tyson Fury is like marmite. I can't really say about Wilders standing with the American public. It seems that he isn't a massive star even after the Fury draw but then again, he's in the shadow of your sporting culture around NFL and NBA so I wouldn't know being British.

Regarding Klitschko, again, its differing views. Wilder has said one thing, Finkel has said another (link in my sig) so as someone who dislikes Wilder, something that promotes my agenda works for me but realistically if, as a 'team', they cannot get the same message across then there is something wrong with that.

Regarding Ortiz, you could look at this in so many ways. Ortiz has 'mythical' status in my mind. He did well against Wilder to rock the champ and nearly put him away but yet the Travis Kauffman fight was terrible! Ortiz is either held in really high regard or he is described as really overrated. But, it was a good fight and a good one for Wilder.

Yes, you are correct, Fury did take advantage of the fact that Joshua/Wilder wasn't progressing but Wilder had it all his own way in the negotiations because, to him, it was a low risk fight. Its a no-brainer for Wilder because in his mind, he was going to be taking on someone who just got off the couch and Fury's lineal title would have added to Wilder's value in the Joshua negotiations. That's a cherry pick.

Again, all differing views but that's boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
                I see it now, the complete bums Joshua has faced has you salivating - convincing you they lived in the gym?! Youre wrong buddy! Holyfield, Lennox, Ray & Fury know more than your zombie brain can comprehend, so try to learn from them. Wilder has had DOUBLE the fights your pretty boy hero has had, has had to "get up" (motivated) for each one and came out on top each time! Your hyped commercial ready pop star hero has had quadruple the photo shoots with late night classes listening to every word that comes out both Hearns mouths on how to be a prop.

Bonafide champs have to clue your mini brain into thinking how a true champ conducts himself...take note: Muscles & smiling don't automatically make you champ - they help in casting calls. Eddie says AJ runs the show, AJ says Eddie runs the show! Which one is it?! I'll tell you. GREED runs their show. For some time now, they can't put Poshuas FIRST REAL fight together (against a PRIME opponent) because they know it'll affect their income!! Once he loses, the FAKE commercial mystique is GONE and possibly a suicide attempt by you! LEARN from the REAL CHAMPS not who you want to look like....
                Wow, someone is a little bitter! I have no doubt that all of those champs have more boxing knowledge than me. I never said that so keep you silly little man insults to yourself.

Holyfield, Lennox and Sugar Ray dont make the boxing rankings though do they!? LMAO. Joshua is the #1 HW. Swallow your bitterness and accept that not you, nor me, nor any ATG can affect that.

So you think that Wilder has faced 40 world class fighters!? Oh dear. I think you're on your own there, little buddy.

'Muscles & smiling don't automatically make you champ' - No, you're fight. Winning belts does. The WBA, IBF and WBO, that makes you a world champion. You are just pouring out your angst onto a post and expect me to be like 'oh my god, this kid is right, what have I be doing forming my own opinions'

Anyway, I hope you can get over your jealousy and construct proper posts in the future without sounding like an angry teenager.

Comment

• Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
                  Nonsense! Wilder took the fight because he wanted a BIG fight and Fury was game (after AJ rejected $50mil he asked for). Crying long and hard will never change that.

Wilder vs AJ is 50/50 imho. Wilder LIKES to fight, and isn't afraid of losing or keeping an 0. AJ is good, it will be a good fight, but I believe Wilder will stop him.

So, it's just a difference of opinion ... to be settled in the future. Crying and repeating alll of that nonsense you hearniacs do is pointless. We get that you think AJ wins. Post after post trying to demean Wilder is childish. The man is undefeated unless/until someone can beat him, period. Place your bets in Vegas ...
                  Yeah, you're right, it is differing opinions but the first part of your message there about the $50m and 50/50 is just you crying and repeating all of the nonsense what the Wilder fans do, so don't be a hypocrite.

I honestly think that if there was some sort of record of all of the contradictions that Wilder has said over the last 12 months, you would probably look at it and think 'Wow, this guy is embarrassing'.

Yeah, it will be a good fight if it ever gets made but until it does and we have a result, there will be fans like you and I endlessly discussing and discrediting the other fighter. IMHO, Wilder needed the lineal title to get 50/50. Its a 60/40 for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                    Wow, someone is a little bitter! I have no doubt that all of those champs have more boxing knowledge than me. I never said that so keep you silly little man insults to yourself.

Holyfield, Lennox and Sugar Ray dont make the boxing rankings though do they!? LMAO. Joshua is the #1 HW. Swallow your bitterness and accept that not you, nor me, nor any ATG can affect that.

So you think that Wilder has faced 40 world class fighters!? Oh dear. I think you're on your own there, little buddy.

'Muscles & smiling don't automatically make you champ' - No, you're fight. Winning belts does. The WBA, IBF and WBO, that makes you a world champion. You are just pouring out your angst onto a post and expect me to be like 'oh my god, this kid is right, what have I be doing forming my own opinions'

Anyway, I hope you can get over your jealousy and construct proper posts in the future without sounding like an angry teenager.
                    You can admit though that if it’s only about winning belts to determine who #1 is

Then the fighter like AJ who has the support of a nation that enables him to be a cash cow makes it far easier for him to collect straps because Fighters will always fight AJ over Wilder because of the $ he can offer them.

I mean Haymon advises Martin and it would have been easy to set up a Wilder fight but he got his fighter the most $ by having him fight AJ for a figure That a Isnt even comparable to what a Wilder opponet would make

Not exactly the fairest way to look at it , Wouldnt you agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Robertthebruce View Post
                      Can't believe you AJ nuthuggers are so deluded. AJ has fought nobody worth mentioning. We all know Whyte is Shyte. Klitscho was a 41 year old hasbeen and Parker lost to whyte let's not even start on the rest of AJs record. He will always be a coward for ducking wilder and the 50mil he wanted to fight an old tiny finished Povetkin. Now they keep name dropping wilder knowing full well he has unfinished business with Fury
                      I genuinely laughed so hard reading your response.

I don't know who you are or who you follow but you sound like a Wilder fan and judging by your actual knowledge of boxing, I think its clear who is deluded

You are hilarious mate. Absolutely hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                      X