Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone see kovalev begging najib to get up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    I did. Kovalev mocked pascal jn round 8 when he was dancing all over the place. He mocked ismail salak when he did the 2nd knock down, and in round two knock down of najib he wanted him to get up.

Nice guy, but in the ring he literally flips. I know all boxers kinda change mentally come fight night, but i kinda feel thats mental prep they are conditioned to do. Sergey naturally and sadistically enjoys dishing out punishment. ItS not just a business/career to him. He actually enjoys hurting people once ges in there.

Thoughts?
    Kovalev's wallet says "Bad Mother****er" on it

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      In the post-fight interview he said he did that because he wanted the fight to last longer so he was hoping Mo would get up so the fans have a longer fight, more bang for the buck so to speak.

Kovalev always looks much bigger than his opponents. He's basically a cruiserweight fighting at light heavy. Will be interesting to see what happens when he moves up in weight and fights guys his own size.
      Moving from LHW (175) to Cruiser (200) is the most dramatic move the fighter can make. I think they ****ed up when they moved Cruiser weight limit from 190 to 200. There should be one more division in-between - like junior Heavy or something. Let's say - from 190 to 215. Yes, this new division will lack history and for a while it will be obscure. But at least there will be no such drastic size mismatches.

In short - if Kovalev can make LHV, he is far-far from Cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        In the post-fight interview he said he did that because he wanted the fight to last longer so he was hoping Mo would get up so the fans have a longer fight, more bang for the buck so to speak.

Kovalev always looks much bigger than his opponents. He's basically a cruiserweight fighting at light heavy. Will be interesting to see what happens when he moves up in weight and fights guys his own size.
        Not this line of thinking again. Freaking morons.

Comment

Kovalev clearly has sadistic tendencies.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
            What are you talking about, he weighted 183 tonight only 3 pounds higher than Mouhameddi. He is no cruiserweight although I bet that he can beat some cruiserweights.
            ... If Kovalev weighted 183 last night, then this is about the same weight Ward is fighting at the super middleweight...

But (you know?) good fighters use to come at a certain weight close to their opponents... I underline: good fighters, because they don't to lose speed...

Comment

Comment

He did the same thing to cleverly. He just enjoy fighting.

Comment

He has a mean streak to him, which i like to see.

Comment

INSIDE the ring Krusher is fun to watch....he's good for the sport and I don't think anyone in their right mind should have anything negative to say about that man's BOXING...I like it when dudes get fresh in the ring....it shows that they enjoy fighting....can't knock that!!

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                      I did. Kovalev mocked pascal jn round 8 when he was dancing all over the place. He mocked ismail salak when he did the 2nd knock down, and in round two knock down of najib he wanted him to get up.

Nice guy, but in the ring he literally flips. I know all boxers kinda change mentally come fight night, but i kinda feel thats mental prep they are conditioned to do. Sergey naturally and sadistically enjoys dishing out punishment. ItS not just a business/career to him. He actually enjoys hurting people once ges in there.

Thoughts?
                      Sadistic is not the right term to use, that's just HBO pushing some nonsense into your head.

Obviously he enjoys hitting others more than being hit, but he's too much of a thinker inside the ring to be misconstrued as a guy that just wants to get in there and try to take your head off immediately. He's not some manic head hunter, he's an aggressive boxer-puncher. Kov is a fighter, he enjoys performing and entertaining more than just beating up guys. Besides, these guy have all talked a bit of **** to Kov before the fight so some animosity is natural.

edit: on second thought, I do recall now him taunting his opponents more than I felt was necessary. I guess I'm neither here nor there with this subject; he's not sadistic, but he has a real meanness to him.
                      Last edited by SCEN3RY; 07-26-2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X