No announcement yet.

What Next for Canelo at MW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Next for Canelo at MW?

And I do mean MW, none of this 155lb rubbish.

According to boxing, he is still Ring and lineal title holder...bollocks to that but he has managed to defend his title within the 18 month limit. If he wants to keep a hold of this "championship" he has to defend it again.

I have no appetite for a GGG rematch. The 2 didn't really gel and we all know what the judges are cooking.

GGG v lemeiux makes a lot of sense. Lem has a shaky chin and is nowhere nears as skilled as GGG. It would be a legitimate defence for the so called champion.

Thoughts?

Canelo vs Lemieux next may.

Comment

Lemieux or Jacobs would be a respectable route to take if there is no immediate rematch. But this is Canelo so he's going find some low risk mediocre reward type fights so GoldenBoy can pump and dump his brand again.

Comment

I don't want to see Lemieux, that guy is a bum honestly.

BJS, Jacobs, or even Cotto rematch if no GGG deux.

Comment

... canelo will look the floyd rematch... at 155, for the lineal title at 160...

Comment

I'd bet on BJS or Cotto II.

Davey L is probably in the running, but I feel like they'd have lined that fight up by now if they were gonna.

I think the the issues with Oscar + Haymon/PBC mean Charlo & Jacobs are gonna be left out of any serious talk as Canelo's next opponent.

I think they will push back a Canelo vs GGG II fight til Sept. 2018 when GGG has gotten a year older & Canelo has gotten a year closer to his prime or deeper into his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... canelo will look the floyd rematch... at 155, for the lineal title at 160...
              I wouldnt put it past either of them....but Floyd wil want a cw of 150 lol

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I don't want to see Lemieux, that guy is a bum honestly.

BJS, Jacobs, or even Cotto rematch if no GGG deux.
              Whats so good about Jacobs that he is supposedly not a bum but Lem is?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                I wouldnt put it past either of them....but Floyd wil want a cw of 150 lol
                ... I said that Canelo would look for to do, not what he will do... Last week, Canelo called out Floyd for the rematch...

Comment

Canelo v Lem may look more likely at this point.

Comment

Back to caneloweight.
                    He tried testing himself vs a FedEx 35 year old but he failed and got bood by his own fans. Now we know why he avoided a prime Golovkin and waited for the Kazakh get get old

Comment

Working...
                    X