Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had more potential Zab,Broner or Gamboa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa by far, a technical prodigy with an overconfidence problem causing him to lower his hands too much and a lack of interest in closing the fight. This against another prodigy (without the flaws of Gamboa) like Terence Crawford was his doom (for me the best fight of 2014, and the one which began to create the in my opinion current #1P4P of Boxing).

Talking about potential for me the one who has the most and has not had the opportunity to prove all his value is another cuban (i'm in love with cuban style) Guillermo Rigondeaux, one of the most ducked boxers ever (take the reason you want, the fact is that nobody fights him), i hope the next fight of Lomachenko will be against him, even if he's 37 now it will be the fight of the XXI century for me.
    Last edited by Symmetry; 09-12-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Zab. He was supposed to be the star of that olympic 96 olympic team if i recall correctly.

Comment

smh, broner don't even need to be in this discussion.

zab and gamboa coming up you saw the natural talent and skill the possessed. broner was a poor mans mayweather who was struggling against fnf guys.

Comment

Out of the 3, Zab is the only fighter I could see being an atg if a couple of things were different. He stayed at 140lb and he had more durability.

Broner shouldn't be offered up as a comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Zab. He was supposed to be the star of that olympic 96 olympic team if i recall correctly.

zab was never on the olympic team, he lost to david diaz in the trials.

Comment

Gamboa, Zab, Broner.

Gamboa is the biggest waste of talent. Zab did well enough. Broner is just not that good.

Comment

Gamboa. I had high hopes for him.

I never saw anything special about Broner. He's exactly where I thought he'd be.

Comment

I truly don't know as all 3 had great potential. If I had to pick, I'd pick Zab.

Comment

Judah was the most talented.

Comment

Gamboa by far. He was just the product of a terrible management and getting raped by 50 Cent who had no clue what he was doing.

Zab had a lot of potential but the streets were more important....

Broner just wasn't that good, the writing was there on the wall since the beginning that he wasn't that talented. He had got a gift against some nobody named Quintero then another one against tiny Ponce De Leon. And this was him being a 'hot' prospect. People think he under achieved but I think it's actually the opposite, at least financially he certainly did. Hell, I'd even say that Vic Ortiz was more of a wasted talent then him.

Comment

Working...
                      X