Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Fury the best "Rise to the Occasion" fighter of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Fury won the first fight in the eyes of most, despite only being 50% fit and having to lose 10 stone and beating a drug and alcohol addiction.

Nobody beats this version of Tyson, and he'd have smashed the midget Marciano into little bits.
    That's an excuse for his draw. Marciano knows nothing about making excuses for draws. Mayweather doesn't either.

Maybe if he came in with the proper game plan or adapted quick enough he'd've ended that fight with a KO too, but he didn't, he boxed, got KD'd twice, and was only a few punches ahead the entire fight. If he was as adaptable as the pure 0's he wouldn't have that draw.

He did just prove he never needed to make it a twelve round fight, he never needed to risk being KO'd or KD'd. He just came in with the wrong tactics.....that's not rising to the occasion bud.

Comment

You'd have to say Fury is up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        That's an excuse for his draw. Marciano knows nothing about making excuses for draws. Mayweather doesn't either.

Maybe if he came in with the proper game plan or adapted quick enough he'd've ended that fight with a KO too, but he didn't, he boxed, got KD'd twice, and was only a few punches ahead the entire fight. If he was as adaptable as the pure 0's he wouldn't have that draw.

He did just prove he never needed to make it a twelve round fight, he never needed to risk being KO'd or KD'd. He just came in with the wrong tactics.....that's not rising to the occasion bud.
        It wasn't a draw, it was a clear Fury win, despite Fury being at his worst and Wilder at his best.

Comment

He's one of the best HW's of all time period.
          I'm struggling to find anyone in history i'd have as a firm favourite over Fury.

Some people won't like to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I'm struggling to find anyone in history i'd have as a firm favourite over Fury.

I've been saying it for years mate and got laughed at for it.

There isn't a boxer throughout history that has Fury's combination of physical attributes, skills, speed, footwork and ring IQ.

When Fury beats Wilder again, and then Joshua, a lot more people than me will believe he's one of greatest HW's of all time.

People might not like to hear it, but facts are facts.

Comment

It wasn't a draw, it was a clear Fury win, despite Fury being at his worst and Wilder at his best.

That's why you lead with the "most people" explanation is it?

Went from an excused draw to a matter of fact win real quick there bud. You can play semantics with someone else your size.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Yeah, i always said that.

Fury at his best competes in any era, win or lose, he would be a handful for anyone.

I also think he probably beats any version of Wlad, just all wrong for Wlad. Steward even told Wlad that Fury was the man to beat him. I know Fury v Wlad was a boring fight, but Fury just nullified him. If Wlad had any more to offer, Fury would’ve just raised his level too.

I’m not going to say he was greater than Wlad per se, because Fury hasn’t shown any good reign as a champ. But head to head, i think prime Fury beats prime Wlad just based on styles alone. I’ve always felt that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                  It is amazing how absolutely no one called it. It will go down in history as the one no one called.

And you can’t say what you said about Fury being the best rise to the occasion fighter. You’re essentially calling him the greatest fighter of all time.
                  I called it.

The fight went exactly the way I expected, I could not see no other result other than what happened

Comment

This is getting outrageous on here lol

It was a good win but Fury is still pretty mediocre in alot of ways, nothing close to an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      I called it.

The fight went exactly the way I expected, I could not see no other result other than what happened
                      You didn’t call it. I didn’t call it. No one did. That guy said so himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X