Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your honest thoughts on Gervonta “Tank” Davis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely Talented with real Star Potential mostly because of his connection with Mayweather but also he is able to bring out and draw the attention of a younger Demographic

Time for a step up though, time for BIG FIGHTS! If the plan is the make in a PPV STAR then he will have no choice but to step up and make those fights. He is Drawing big for guys like Ricardo Nunez and Gamboa, imagine what he will Draw when he does make those bigger fights

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I don't disagree being with Floyd can be a double edged sword in certain ways.

And Ishe did better with Floyd then he'd have done with any promoter I feel like. Ishe won a title ffs. Who even takes enough interest in Ishe to get him a title shot besides Floyd? Idk if anyone does. So don't discount Floyd either.

Randomly one of the things I dig about Mayweather Promotions is how aggressively they match their boxers. I mean Memphis Miller has a W over Herring ffs. And few still know about Memphis. Thing that IS odd is I feel like they've not been as aggressively matchmaking Tank since he beat Pedraza (a fight I picked Tank to lose btw cuz it seemed too much too soon... although now to hear some talk about Pedraza he was a bum lol). I feel like they are just giving Tank showcase fight after showcase fight where he's largely been a -700 or bigger favorite. That's not how you make Tank as big as he can be.

Idk why they are doing that when they don't do that with anyone else. Do they not believe in Tank? Do they see showcase fights as the way to go to get max exposure for the least risk? Do they just want Tank to have a lil more confidence &/or seasoning? Are they waiting for Tank to get his sh^t together & come in focused & not have trouble with making weight before they move him into the biggest fights in the division? Maybe Tank is on some Danny & Angel bs & wants whatever fights?

Idfk brother, but I feel like one of those things is at work or maybe some combo of them cuz they definitely aren't moving Tank as aggressively as they've moved others or even how Floyd was moved. If anyone is old school they'll remember Floyd's first two title fights were Genaro Hernandez who was #1 in the division back then & then 6ish wks later he fought Angel Manfredy who was a HBO poster boy at the time with a 25 or so fight win streak & highly thought of. Floyd got thrown into the fire. And Floyd wanted to get thrown into the fire despite TR wanting otherwise.
      Honestly , I think they are not sold on Tank
      Right now cashing in on some chatty opposition , while the public is still chewing it up
      Once the fans start to diminish I think they are gonna have no choice but to throw him in with some live dog
      People are going to lose they’re patience with him imo
      Not sure what the scheme is something’s gotta give

Comment

Honest take?

Gervonte is talented. Closer to his ceiling than most of his fans think. Relies heavily on athleticism. Is caught up in the typical black cultural desire to be a Migos type dude.

Pop bottles, flashy jewelry, arrogance etc.

Not saying thats bad. But it gives him a false belief in his abilities that is destined to get exposed... similar to Zab Judah, Broner, etc.

He probably has 1 more weight class in him. In my opinion. Maybe he proves me wrong but thats what I think he will stop.

Lomachenko would beat him. Linares could possibly beat him as well.

The one thing I do want from Gervonta though. Is to ktfo that instagram/youtube mexican boxer who is overrated as **** for just his silly and ****ty hand speed video demonstrations. That Garcia kid. He keeps calling out Davis, I hope Davis can put an end to that kid's hypetrain before it gets onto NSB.
        Last edited by F l i c k e r; 01-12-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Talented but seems undisciplined, how many times has he missed weight now?

I do think he’s a fighter that’ll up his game to the level of the opposition. There’s nothing i’ve seen yet that makes me think he can compete with someone like Loma. Even Teofimo Lopez looks way ahead of Tank right now. I think he has potential to compete at that level if he makes some changes.

I’d like to see him much more active though, but i think he’s said he wants to be too. I think he’s a fighter that needs to know when he’s fighting and have regular fights, so he’s not distracted out of the ring and ballooning up.

Tired of hearing that he’s young (doe) - He’s going to be entering his latter half of his 20’s in the next year, he isn’t a kid anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            Honestly , I think they are not sold on Tank
            Right now cashing in on some chatty opposition , while the public is still chewing it up
            Once the fans start to diminish I think they are gonna have no choice but to throw him in with some live dog
            People are going to lose they’re patience with him imo
            Not sure what the scheme is something’s gotta give
            Well, as much flack as Floyd gets for certain things, it’s hard to knock his dedication when he was active in terms of being in shape, not getting out of shape and constantly turned up on his game.

When you’re like that, you judge others by your own standards. When he’s looking at tank getting fat, missing weight, drunk with Broner at other peoples fights etc. Then he probably has his doubts on whether Tank truly has the mentality to be or beat a top fighter. Floyd knows what it takes.

In that sense, maybe Floyd thinks Davis isn’t ready, and maybe he’ll never be.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Well, as much flack as Floyd gets for certain things, it’s hard to knock his dedication when he was active in terms of being in shape, not getting out of shape and constantly turned up on his game.

When you’re like that, you judge others by your own standards. When he’s looking at tank getting fat, missing weight, drunk with Broner at other peoples fights etc. Then he probably has his doubts on whether Tank truly has the mentality to be or beat a top fighter. Floyd knows what it takes.

In that sense, maybe Floyd thinks Davis isn’t ready, and maybe he’ll never be.
              Great points
              I know that would frustrate the chit out of me if I was his trainer
              Do you think maybe they don’t see the guy being that good , just riding the train until it can go

Comment

he's going to be hard pressed to be an elite fighter now that he's eaten and couch surfed / bar hopped his way out of 130 lbs. dude missed weight at 135 ffs. that's a terrible sign. he's a baby sized guy and he's going to look ordinary at 140 or 147 lbs. he'll be dwarfed. he looks like he's about 5'4". 67" reach seems like a stretch, too, as listed.

it's clear as day that the plan was to wait out the prime of vasyl lomachenko and build a legacy and career off of that W when he was over the hill. that's backfired from the look of things. just take an L FFS, you're not going to be undefeated forever. floyd mayweather has really hurt boxing in that regard, fightrs and casuals think the 0 is way too important. now you've got an underdeveloped, lazy, entitled fighter who can't beat the scales, never mind a prime lomachenko. by the time lomachenko is over the hill you'll have devin haney to deal with. or you'll eat your way to 140 lbs and get your ass kicked by a bigger guy.

good riddance, this guy was promoted like a ***** and it backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  floyd mayweather has really hurt boxing in that regard, fightrs and casuals think the 0 is way too important.
                  Couldn't disagree more with this. Feel like its become a boring cliche that the "0" became a thing cuz of Floyd.

I don't think most people know boxing history & I think even hardcores like to ignore it. But everyone should know that the 0 hype that we mostly deal with today in the modern era came off of Marciano's 49-0 record which is the most known & discussed record in boxing history. And off of JCC's long undefeated road that was legit made off of a large % of bs opponents even after JCC became an elite fighter which is way outside the norm with a boxers trajectory.

Floyd capitalized the most off of exploiting fans hype on the 0, but he didn't invent it. It was there already.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Extremely Talented with real Star Potential mostly because of his connection with Mayweather but also he is able to bring out and draw the attention of a younger Demographic

Time for a step up though, time for BIG FIGHTS! If the plan is the make in a PPV STAR then he will have no choice but to step up and make those fights. He is Drawing big for guys like Ricardo Nunez and Gamboa, imagine what he will Draw when he does make those bigger fights
                    - -We know he been pregnant.

How many kids he birthed?

One of Bonehaids?

Comment

He's the greatest boxer ever !

Comment

Working...
                      X