Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is breaking bad much superior than the sopranos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a tough pick. I'm not gonna be silly and mention other shows though...

I went with Sopranos. I'm just a huge fan of most HBO shows in general. I wouldn't have regretted picking Breaking Bad though, its a great show. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
      That's a tough pick. I'm not gonna be silly and mention other shows though...

I went with Sopranos. I'm just a huge fan of most HBO shows in general. I wouldn't have regretted picking Breaking Bad though, its a great show. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
      Haha, green k for the profile pic

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        Hahahaha, I'd green k you but I have to "spread it around" first

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
          How is the production quality of breaking bad?

i have never seen it but am kind of interested. I usually never watch any shows besides showtime or HBO though, because the production of cable shows isn't that great.
          Since this post I have watched all of Breaking Bad and just started season 6 of Sopranos.

The shows offer far different aspects of tv IMO. Breaking bad is like an over the top suspense/drama that tries to incorporate some humor.

Soprano doesn't have much drama in it, it's just a solid show about mob life..

Both had a down season or so. Season 5 Sopranos sucked. Honestly it wrecked the show for me now that Adrianna died. Loved that *****.

I like both equally though, but both offer different tv needs. For me at least.

Comment

I just started a Breaking Bad marathon a few days ago...started with the pilot and now almost finished the 3rd season. It's really good...I like it way better than The Sopranos.

Comment

fly episode is so simple yet its good

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                Since this post I have watched all of Breaking Bad and just started season 6 of Sopranos.

The shows offer far different aspects of tv IMO. Breaking bad is like an over the top suspense/drama that tries to incorporate some humor.

Soprano doesn't have much drama in it, it's just a solid show about mob life..

Both had a down season or so. Season 5 Sopranos sucked. Honestly it wrecked the show for me now that Adrianna died. Loved that *****.

I like both equally though, but both offer different tv needs. For me at least.
                I agree with the bold, and the same can be said for "The Wire". But if it comes down to it and I have to pick one, I have to go with BB.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
                  I agree with the bold, and the same can be said for "The Wire". But if it comes down to it and I have to pick one, I have to go with BB.
                  how about deadwood?...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Richardson View Post
                    how about deadwood?...
                    I loved Deadwood, Ian McShane as Al Swearengen is one of my all-time favorite tv characters. I'd put him ahead of both Walt and Tony. As for the show in general, I lost interest somewhere along the way (season 3) unlike with the other three. Maybe I should revisit the series and get back to you on that.

Edit: I take that back, I did start losing interest in the Sopranos at one point but it got better and kept me watching. I did think it was unfortunate when Deadwood got cancelled.
                    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 01-28-2013, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
                      I loved Deadwood, Ian McShane as Al Swearengen is one of my all-time favorite tv characters. I'd put him ahead of both Walt and Tony. As for the show in general, I lost interest somewhere along the way (season 3) unlike with the other three. Maybe I should revisit the series and get back to you on that.

Edit: I take that back, I did start losing interest in the Sopranos at one point but it got better and kept me watching. I did think it was unfortunate when Deadwood got cancelled.
                      it seems like the best deadwood is season 1 > 2 > 3. i didnt like season 3 much

Comment

Working...
                      X