Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your guys' opinions and thoughts on Anthony Dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your guys' opinions and thoughts on Anthony Dirrell?

I personally feel he has tons of potential, less of a mover compared to his brother, but still a boxer/counter-puncher nonetheless. Good fundamentals, controls distance very well. Also has very good timing along with his speed. He's not as fast as Andre, but he has better timing IMO. Has good power.

Can box equally as well from the southpaw stance. Do you guys think he can go far?

Let me know when he fights someone good, his last fight was a huge step up from the terrible comp he has been facing and it still doesn't say much.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Let me know when he fights someone good, his last fight was a huge step up from the terrible comp he has been facing and it still doesn't say much.
      St. Juste had some decent wins, KO wins over Dioniso Miranda and Sebastien Demers, given all that and being an awkward southpaw, Anthony did a great job in that fight and showed he is atleast top 15-12. The dude had been off due to non-Hodgkin's disease, I mean give him a chance. I know he hasn't fully proved himself yet, but that's what I'm asking you guys, do you think he has the potential to go far.

Comment

Needs to fight a live body.

Only criticism.

He should not be in line to fight Super-six winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
          St. Juste had some decent wins, KO wins over Dioniso Miranda and Sebastien Demers, given all that and being an awkward southpaw, Anthony did a great job in that fight and showed he is atleast top 15-12. The dude had been off due to non-Hodgkin's disease, I mean give him a chance. I know he hasn't fully proved himself yet, but that's what I'm asking you guys, do you think he has the potential to go far.
          Yeah he has potential but I need to see him against tougher guys, though yes I saw the St. Juste fight he looked good too bad St. Juste hurt himself though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Yeah he has potential but I need to see him against tougher guys, though yes I saw the St. Juste fight he looked good too bad St. Juste hurt himself though.
            Yea that sucked, you could see right before the headbutt Dirrell was upping the output, and was putting serious hurt on St Juste. I want to see him against better fighters soon also, and I think we will. He was set to fight Alejandro Berrio but Berrio pulled out I believe, Berrio is a huge puncher and had also been in with some really good fighters and beaten a couple, so you can indeed tell that they are throwing him in with better and better competition each fight he has.

Comment

Working...
            X