• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just prefer a return to 15 round title fights

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      Is that what happened with Bugner Cooper?
      As memory serves, and that never caused any contravasy did it?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        I'd just prefer a return to 15 round title fights

Poet
        Luddite!
        Not going to happen though unfortunately, not for any safety reasons more dure to the needs of TV schedules I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
          Luddite!
          Not going to happen though unfortunately, not for any safety reasons more dure to the needs of TV schedules I reckon.
          Yeah, it has much more to do with boxing politics than anything else. Like most things.....

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
            As memory serves, and that never caused any contravasy did it?
            Not much! lol

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              Not much! lol
              Have to say not seen it in years but I thought that Gibbs had it about right.

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind 13 rounds being the norm for championship fights, regardless if the fight after 12 is a draw. Plus the fighters would have to wait for the commission to tally up the scorecards which could take a while, the fighters' bodies would be in shutdown mode by that point. I would still love for 15 rounds to make a reappearance though, the true championship rounds.

Just as a sidenote, I believe Panama and one or two other countries in South America hold 11 round championship fights which lessens draws but they still happen because a lot of judges are more willing to score even rounds there but I'm not a fan of 11 rounds because it just seems too little.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  I actually wouldn't mind 13 rounds being the norm for championship fights, regardless if the fight after 12 is a draw. Plus the fighters would have to wait for the commission to tally up the scorecards which could take a while, the fighters' bodies would be in shutdown mode by that point. I would still love for 15 rounds to make a reappearance though, the true championship rounds.

Just as a sidenote, I believe Panama and one or two other countries in South America hold 11 round championship fights which lessens draws but they still happen because a lot of judges are more willing to score even rounds there but I'm not a fan of 11 rounds because it just seems too little.
                  Good point re the shutdown mode.
                  As you say it doesn't matter how many rounds if they keep scoring them level.
                  Bring back 45 rounds I say, last man standing wins

Comment

bring back bare knuckle rules and fight till its over no set amount of rounds..

Comment

We'll probably never get back to seeing 15 round, so I'd definitely want to see the 13th.

Comment

Working...
                      X