Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence Making 3.5M against Peterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, getting paid big fight money for not even a big fight. Where's all this dough gonna come from? And is Peterson getting paid in IOU's or what? That or literal peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
      Maybe not a good idea to give him so much for Peterson imagine how much $ him and Keith are gonna ask to fight each other
      I guess we'll see how committed Haymon really is to the free TV project when it comes time to negotiate Thurman vs Spence, because I'm guessing they will demand PPV type money

Comment

no they want thurman vs Porter was not PPV

Comment

That's a lot if true.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
            Why are yall following up boxing news 24? Most things they report are rumors or flat out lies. No way his purse is that much.
            Was thinking that too. Has anyone confirmed that amount besides this website? Seems high. I would've guessed he'd be getting 1.5m, 2m max.

Comment

I keep telling you folks that Spence is the heir apparent to Pac and Floyd.

That's why the promoters are throwing boatloads of cash at him.

Think about it.

His skill level is already right there- he does things to fighters that even other highly respected fighters do not.

And he is very marketable as his demeanor falls right between Floyd's braggadocio and Pac's "aw shucks" humility.

He is a goldmine waiting to happen and the promoters know it.

It will be him right there with Canelo as the face of boxing, mark my words.

Edit: It's Haymon guaranteeing the money according to the article.

But, the bit about promoters wanting him is legit.
              Last edited by koolkc107; 10-13-2017, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Was thinking that too. Has anyone confirmed that amount besides this website? Seems high. I would've guessed he'd be getting 1.5m, 2m max.
                There could also be some "good faith" money tied in there, kind of like a signing bonus or bonus from the Brook fight. Who knows, these guys can be creative with the money flow.

Comment

Wow, and people wonder why boxing is choking to death. Spence should be getting around $400K and Peterson $200K. These inflated salaries are killing the sport for real. There are probably 10,000 people in the world who know who both of these guys are outside of NSB.

Comment

Probably not a good idea to get information from Boxing News 24...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Wow, and people wonder why boxing is choking to death. Spence should be getting around $400K and Peterson $200K. These inflated salaries are killing the sport for real. There are probably 10,000 people in the world who know who both of these guys are outside of NSB.
                      Total nonsense coming from a right-wing pinoy ass-kisser.

How are you to say how much a prizefighter should be making.

Best you worry about your exploited hero Manny and how he's getting raped by Bob Arum

Go get registered to vote you sorry mofo

Comment

Working...
                      X