Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Boxing Take a Stand (Or a Knee) on Anthem Protests?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
    So is that why he dumped his gold medal long before he was "called up"?
    that's what I tought.
    **** his gold medal, and if you want to take a knee and show disrespect to dying soldiers, go ahead...im sure you're used to being on your knees anyway.

Comment

• One of the great things about being an American is your right to protest. I agree with these NFL men and the original cause. I agree with them protesting in support of each other having a right to protest. I don't agree with when they are doing it though.

I think doing it during the anthem is just rude. A lot of men and women from all races have died to give us this right, and great country. I think it's a time to remember them and the country they built, protected, and died for. To be thankful you are an American.

It would make me sad as hell to see some of these boxers kneel that I respect so much for repping their country. Ward, Spence, Mayweather, any of our Olympians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        If you're ashamed of the history of the county's past of slavery, taking land that wasn't ours, etc that's ok.

I think that people should stand for the troops that work for this country and do their jobs. Getting shot, shot at, shooting at, getting blown up, living with that constant fear is a lot harder than playing a game, getting patched up, going home to your model wives, sitting on your nice couch ( that the average soldier likely couldn't afford with a year of their salary), have your personal chef cook your food, and then have to walk allll the way up to your bedroom in your 10,000 plus sq ft house, get in your cozy California king bed with silk sheets, and not have to worry if you will be killed in the middle of the night.

If you want to protest, stand up for the white, black, asian, Hispanic, and every other soldier that fights a real life and death battle each day, or better yet, start giving some of your money to the wounded warrior project, or families of those killed in combat.....why were you protesting again?

That is a very naive way to look at football players. Many players retire in horrible physical condition. Football is a brutal sport. Players take a pounding even during practice. Many wind up broke. Football contracts are not like basketball or baseball contracts. In baseball you can suck and the team will still owe you ever red cent. Hell, the Yankees are paying A-Rod more than 20 million dollars this year to NOT play for them. The Red Sox are playing Pablo Sandoval 3x that amount not to play for them. In football you can sign a 5 million dollar contract, tear your ACL on the first play of the game and get cut by the team and only see the amount of money you were able to get guaranteed.

In any case, this whole millionaire football players argument is the same lame and hypocritical argument regularly doled out against celebrities. Being rich doesn't mean you lose the right to speak your mind. And why is it only celebrities that get this treatment. If one of the Koch brothers (someone who could afford to buy and sell these millionaire sports players as if they were life sized trading cards) were to walk up to a microphone and start verbally sucking off Donald Trump no one would bat an eyelash. But if an actor says something bad about Trump or a football player takes a knee all of a sudden the Conservative snowflakes get triggered and start whining about out of touch millionaires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          I like turtles.
          **** you and your damned Turtles. Frogs are the shiznit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
            Get your ****ing politics away from my sport. Politics don't belong in sports PERIOD!
            Politics and sports have long gone hand in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
              That is a very naive way to look at football players. Many players retire in horrible physical condition. Football is a brutal sport. Players take a pounding even during practice. Many wind up broke. Football contracts are not like basketball or baseball contracts. In baseball you can suck and the team will still owe you ever red cent. Hell, the Yankees are paying A-Rod more than 20 million dollars this year to NOT play for them. The Red Sox are playing Pablo Sandoval 3x that amount not to play for them. In football you can sign a 5 million dollar contract, tear your ACL on the first play of the game and get cut by the team and only see the amount of money you were able to get guaranteed.

In any case, this whole millionaire football players argument is the same lame and hypocritical argument regularly doled out against celebrities. Being rich doesn't mean you lose the right to speak your mind. And why is it only celebrities that get this treatment. If one of the Koch brothers (someone who could afford to buy and sell these millionaire sports players as if they were life sized trading cards) were to walk up to a microphone and start verbally sucking off Donald Trump no one would bat an eyelash. But if an actor says something bad about Trump or a football player takes a knee all of a sudden the Conservative snowflakes get triggered and start whining about out of touch millionaires.
              And if it were you, you'd walk up to Hilary and start eating her rotten box I'll bet huh?

Comment

• as you prepare to put your life on the line for a paycheck and entertainment the last thing on your mind is protesting. and im still tryna figure out what is kneeling supposed to accomplish. . i dont get the "movement" at all how exactly will things change due to somebody kneeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  **** his gold medal, and if you want to take a knee and show disrespect to dying soldiers, go ahead...im sure you're used to being on your knees anyway.
                  Don't change topic. You claimed he pulled the racecard for the first time years after he did, which means you are ignorant on the subject.

As for the rest. You think that protesting an anthem is disrespecting soldiers. Maybe kissing a flag and being an active part of sending them to die is a bit worse don't you think? nah you probably dont think much. you are too busy being on your knees, and your hands at the same time, bent over taking it up the backhole by whoever dangles the right symbol in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    Don't change topic. You claimed he pulled the racecard for the first time years after he did, which means you are ignorant on the subject.

As for the rest. You think that protesting an anthem is disrespecting soldiers. Maybe kissing a flag and being an active part of sending them to die is a bit worse don't you think? nah you probably dont think much. you are too busy being on your knees, and your hands at the same time, bent over taking it up the backhole by whoever dangles the right symbol in front of you.
                    Lol, very nice attempt at a comeback. Am i the one sending them off? How so exactly? Maybe I should go protest and pretend it's going to make a difference

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
                      Yeah....I stopped watching the NFL
                      Yeah I started watching yesterday thinking sht back to normal and they did it again... Click! TV off! No more NFL

Comment

Working...
                      X