No announcement yet.

Boxing cards almost every week for the rest of 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
    I get what you are saying and understand you.

But that is up to PBC & Al Haymon.
    They have the biggest roster in boxing.
    They have already given us Thurman vs. Garcia this year, but otherwise their fighters are pretty inactive.

But lets not forget we also got some pretty bad fight cards on HBO back in the days.
    Yea we surely did. You are right about that. I mention it, because its been on my mind allot lately so when this thread popped up, I had to say how I feel. I want ww to be set on fire again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      LOL Hell yeah we need one of those Haymon guys to fight Miguel Berchelt right away!!!!!!
      I dont know who that is. I want all Haymon fighters to face eachother. And when they lose, you can still throw them in big fights. Like Broner can keep losing, I dont care. He can still be in allot of great fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        I dont know who that is. I want all Haymon fighters to face eachother. And when they lose, you can still throw them in big fights. Like Broner can keep losing, I dont care. He can still be in allot of great fights.
        Golden Boy has nobody... Haymon is making great fights.

Comment

The fights I'm looking forward to:
          22 September (ESPN)

Gilberto Ramirez vs. Jesse Hart

Oscar Valdez vs. Genesis Servania
          Curious what Hart can do, expect Gilberto to run the show to win widely or maybe a mid to late round stoppage.

Always enjoy watching Oscar.

23 September (HBO)

Yunier Dorticos vs. Dmitry Kudryashov
          This is gonna be a war. Either Dmitry wins early (first 2) or Yunier wins late (4th on) & the third round could go either way. If it makes it to round 3 I'm gonna be like this the whole 3 minutes cuz it'll probably be nuts.

30 September

Mairis Briedis vs. Mike Perez
          Curious what Perez has at 200. Expect Mairis to win, BUT if Perez looks like pre-Magomed Perez this could get good.

7 October

Chris Eubank Jr vs. Avni Yildirim
          Always enjoy watching Eubank Jr. Don't expect this to be THAT close unless Eubank Jr plays around too much or gets stupid so this will largely be a Eubank Jr showcase.

14 October

Jermell Charlo vs. Erickson Lubin (Showtime)
          Looking forward to seeing what Lubin is capable of. I think its a lil too much a lil too soon, but I've been wrong with that stance a lot lately so I'm more of unsure of that opinion this time around.

21 October

Ryan Burnett vs. Zhanat Zhakiyanov (SKY, HBO)

Jezreel Corrales vs. Alberto Machado (HBO)

Murat Gassiev vs. Krzysztof Wlodarczyk
          Good boxing day right here. Big fan of Gassiev in a showcase WBSS fight. Big fan of the up & coming Burnett in a nice jump up in class for a 2nd fight in a row. And Corrales vs Machado should be a fun one if half the hype on Machado is correct.

28 October

Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev (SKY Box Office)
          Joshua fights are now event fights if he fights my garbage man so while I got lil feeling about this matchup I think Pulev is a legit guy for Joshua to fight, but I'm just watching for the eventness of it all.

4 November (Showtime)

Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz

Bermane Stiverne vs. Dominic Breazeale
          Wilder & Breazeale are among my most favorite guys to watch fight cuz they are always entertaining. And due to them been all over the place I won't be surprised with anyone winning in these two fights although my feeling is Wilder edges out the overrated Ortiz & Breazeale outguts Stiverne if he can get the fight into later rounds in good shape...but since Breazeale never gets into the later rounds in good shape I think that fight is highly up for grabs.

11 November

Artur Beterbiev vs. Enrico Koelling (ESPN)

Anthony Dirrell vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (Showtime)

Josh Taylor vs. Miguel Vazquez
          Curious to see Artur back in action. The Chavez sh^t show is always must watch TV. A serious Dirrell should own him. And curious to see Taylor take another step up in what should be an interesting fight. Good boxing day.

25 November

Sergey Kovalev vs. Vyacheslav Shabranskyy (HBO)
          Lil interest in this matchup despite it being an interesting one, but most of my interest is seeing wtf Kovalev looks like post his near quitting performance vs Ward + with a new trainer of a guy who I believe doesn't think he needs a trainer. Solid upset potential here I believe.

9 December (ESPN)

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux
          High level ring wizards so you can't really miss this one. Think Loma is gonna be too young, too big & too much for an older, smaller & less active vs high level opponents Rigo, but I'll be watching whatever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Man, that is great to hear! Never will forget him....one of THE good guys of the sport!
            Absolutely one of the good guys. Great to hear someone who has appreciation for a guy like Buster Mathis Jr.

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            Are they really showing Dorticos-Kudrashyov on HBO?

If so, **** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No they are not. My mistake. I should now have wrote HBO at the top of the date.
            The tournement did not secure a US broadcaster.
            But I think you can watch it on their website for free if you just register.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              Yea we surely did. You are right about that. I mention it, because its been on my mind allot lately so when this thread popped up, I had to say how I feel. I want ww to be set on fire again.
              Yeah of course I understand you. I would prefer that too.
              It would be great to have the Welterweight division on fire.
              That division has a lot of potential.
              Dont know what PBC and Al Haymon are doing.
              Their roster is huge. They just need to make the fights.
              Like October 14.
              Instead of Abner Mares and Santa Cruz fighting each other, their fight separate opponents.

Same with Jarrett Hurd, Jermell Charlo & Erislandy Lara.
              You have 3 guys, each with a belt who could fight each other.
              PBC could make them each other, unify and we could have a unified champion at 154.

Comment

This year has been great for boxing and there is plenty more to come.

19 September (FS1)

Mario Barrios vs. Naim Nelson

22 September (ESPN)

Gilberto Ramirez vs. Jesse Hart

Oscar Valdez vs. Genesis Servania

23 September (HBO)

Jorge Linares vs. Luke Campbell

Antonio Orozco vs. Roberto Ortiz

Joseph Parker vs. Hughie Fury (YouTube)

Yunier Dorticos vs. Dmitry Kudryashov

Nonito Donaire vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez

Keith Tapia vs. Lateef Kayode

26 September (FS1)

Leduan Barthelemy vs. Eduardo Ramirez

30 September

Mairis Briedis vs. Mike Perez

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Jayson Velez

7 October

Rex Tso vs. Kohei Kono

Chris Eubank Jr vs. Avni Yildirim

Anthony Crolla vs. Ricky Burns (SKY)

13 October (ESPN)

Fidel Maldonado Jr vs. Ismael Barroso

14 October

George Groves vs. Jamie Cox

Abner Mares vs. Andres Gutierrez (FOX)

Leo Santa Cruz vs. Chris Avalos (FOX)

Jarrett Hurd vs. Austin Trout (Showtime)

Jermell Charlo vs. Erickson Lubin (Showtime)

Erislandy Lara vs. Terrell Gausha (Showtime)

21 October

Ryan Burnett vs. Zhanat Zhakiyanov (SKY, HBO)

Jezreel Corrales vs. Alberto Machado (HBO)

Demetrius Andrade vs. TBA (HBO)

Murat Gassiev vs. Krzysztof Wlodarczyk

28 October

Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev (SKY Box Office)

Khalid Yafai vs. Sho Ishida

Juergen Braehmer vs. Rob Brant

4 November (Showtime)

Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz

Bermane Stiverne vs. Dominic Breazeale

Daniel Jacobs vs. TBA

Sergey Lipinets vs. TBA

11 November

Jessie Magdaleno vs. Cesar Juarez (ESPN)

Artur Beterbiev vs. Enrico Koelling (ESPN)

Jose Carlos Ramirez vs. Mike Reed (ESPN)

Anthony Dirrell vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (Showtime)

Josh Taylor vs. Miguel Vazquez

Liam Smith vs. Liam Williams

Nathan Gorman vs. Nick Webb

25 November

Sergey Kovalev vs. Vyacheslav Shabranskyy (HBO)

Donnie Nietes vs. Juan Carlos Reveco

9 December (ESPN)

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux
                Wow. There are a ton of fights I want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  The fights I'm looking forward to:

Curious what Hart can do, expect Gilberto to run the show to win widely or maybe a mid to late round stoppage.

Always enjoy watching Oscar.

This is gonna be a war. Either Dmitry wins early (first 2) or Yunier wins late (4th on) & the third round could go either way. If it makes it to round 3 I'm gonna be like this the whole 3 minutes cuz it'll probably be nuts.

Curious what Perez has at 200. Expect Mairis to win, BUT if Perez looks like pre-Magomed Perez this could get good.

Always enjoy watching Eubank Jr. Don't expect this to be THAT close unless Eubank Jr plays around too much or gets stupid so this will largely be a Eubank Jr showcase.

Looking forward to seeing what Lubin is capable of. I think its a lil too much a lil too soon, but I've been wrong with that stance a lot lately so I'm more of unsure of that opinion this time around.

Good boxing day right here. Big fan of Gassiev in a showcase WBSS fight. Big fan of the up & coming Burnett in a nice jump up in class for a 2nd fight in a row. And Corrales vs Machado should be a fun one if half the hype on Machado is correct.

Joshua fights are now event fights if he fights my garbage man so while I got lil feeling about this matchup I think Pulev is a legit guy for Joshua to fight, but I'm just watching for the eventness of it all.

Wilder & Breazeale are among my most favorite guys to watch fight cuz they are always entertaining. And due to them been all over the place I won't be surprised with anyone winning in these two fights although my feeling is Wilder edges out the overrated Ortiz & Breazeale outguts Stiverne if he can get the fight into later rounds in good shape...but since Breazeale never gets into the later rounds in good shape I think that fight is highly up for grabs.

Curious to see Artur back in action. The Chavez sh^t show is always must watch TV. A serious Dirrell should own him. And curious to see Taylor take another step up in what should be an interesting fight. Good boxing day.

Lil interest in this matchup despite it being an interesting one, but most of my interest is seeing wtf Kovalev looks like post his near quitting performance vs Ward + with a new trainer of a guy who I believe doesn't think he needs a trainer. Solid upset potential here I believe.

High level ring wizards so you can't really miss this one. Think Loma is gonna be too young, too big & too much for an older, smaller & less active vs high level opponents Rigo, but I'll be watching whatever happens.

Great breakdown! Good to hear. I likewise to forward to those fights and a couple of more.

Comment

Tony Bellew vs. David Haye on SUNDAY the 17th of December

Comment

Hope Andrade gets a decent opponent. Can't wait to see Wilder vs. Ortiz and Lomachenko vs. Rigo. The amount of fights still left in the year is dizzying.

Comment

Working...
                      X