Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Conor Mcgregor KO GGG in street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    mcgregor destroys ggg in a street fight. What is it with people on this site genuinely thinking that a top class boxer beats a top class mma fighter in a fight, dont know if people are really that stupid or they somehow think that it makes them a hardcore boxing fan by thinking it. MMA fighters train to fight, boxers to train to box. I know they were both old but i would have thought toney v couture would be some demonstration of how useless boxing is against general mma, ggg would have the tiniest window going to land a ko blow as an mma fighter shoots for his leg, as soon as they got hold its over.

Comment

Yeah probably. GGG likely doesn't know how to protect against all of the things a top level MMA guy would be able to throw at him. That said, if he told Coner to fight him like a man with his fists GGG decapitates him. Honestly, I thought we'd settled this. Boxer wins only under boxing rules. MMA guy wins in any situation they can use MMA tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        mcgregor destroys ggg in a street fight. What is it with people on this site genuinely thinking that a top class boxer beats a top class mma fighter in a fight, dont know if people are really that stupid or they somehow think that it makes them a hardcore boxing fan by thinking it. MMA fighters train to fight, boxers to train to box. I know they were both old but i would have thought toney v couture would be some demonstration of how useless boxing is against general mma, ggg would have the tiniest window going to land a ko blow as an mma fighter shoots for his leg, as soon as they got hold its over.

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
        Not really...

Yeah, Couture was a little older than Toney, but still a top 10 HW in the UFC, while Toney was beyond shot.

Ray Mercer vs Tim Sylvia, a former 2 time UFC HW champion, was a much fairer fight, and more like what I think would happen if McGreggor was foolish enough to take on an elite power punching boxer like GGG in a street fight.

People who don't know any better mistakenly believe that MMA is street fighting in a cage, with little gloves. They are wrong. There are no rules in a street fight, while MMA, like boxing, is a combat sport with rules. And some of the rules of MMA were put there specifically to make it easier for a grappler to take down a strike fighter without getting KTFO trying.

"No downward strikes to the back of the head, neck or body"

This prevents a strike fighter from using hammer fists or elbows to punish a grappler stooped over in front of him trying to take his legs or waist.

"No kicks or knees to a grounded fighter" (Grounded means with any part of the body, other than the soles of the feet, in contact with the ground.)

Again, this prevents a strike fighter from kicking or kneeing a grappler who shoots for a leg take down and misses, and ends up on the floor in front of his opponent. You don't need any training at all to render someone unconcious if they do that in a street fight. Any reasonably fit man can kick another man in the head hard enough to KHTFO when he's on the floor.

McGreggor - if he had enough room to manouver - would get one, maybe 2 chances to KO Golovkin in a street fight by winding up and catching him with a big kick to the head. If he misses that chance, GGG closes distance and murders Connor with his fists.

IMO, GGG wins a street fight with McGreggor 9 times out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Good post bro I agree condor destroys him in a street fight. Everyone forgets how Kell kept tagging gg left and right imagine a strong ko fighter like conor
          Are you trying to say that Conor beats GGG when it comes to stand up fighting? If Conor wants to stand and trade with him he better use his kicks cause there's no way he beats GGG just throwing punches, if that's the case GGG would knock him out cold. Best way for a MMA dude to beat a boxer in a street fight is to focus on taking him down as soon as possible and finish him.

Comment

Mcregor would beat any boxer up 168 pounds in street fight. Sorry, MMA guys have more overall diverse skillsets

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              Mcregor would beat any boxer up 168 pounds in street fight. Sorry, MMA guys have more overall diverse skillsets
              B ... b ... b ... but .. anybody from 154 to 168 doe.

That puts GGG out of McGreggor's league.

Comment

It's not even about MMA. Not knowing how to grapple is the boxers biggest kryptonite. I can see an amateur wrestler like Jordan Burroughs beat GGG in a street fight quite fast and easy.

bigdramashow Stop saying boxers aren't fighters, that doesn't make any sense at all.

Comment

G grew up as a street fighter and can grapple if need be. Anything can happen in a street fight, but my money is on Gennady here bigtime.

Comment

It really comes down to Golovkins ability to fight on the ground or in the clinch. We don't really know much about his grappling ability or defense. I believe Gennady is stronger than Conor, which is a big advantage. If they stand and trade, GGG hurts the Irishman badly. If McGregor can execute a take-down, I feel he can win the fight.

Comment

People comparing MMA to street fighting are ****ing ******s who've never had a street fight.

You know you can poke eyes, bite, headbutt, pull hair in street fight, grab the groin, etc. All these things are illegal in MMA to make it easier for the grappler. In a street fight the guy who can throw down usually wins.

Let's say Conor McGreggor doesn't know GGG and sees him in a street fight, do you think Conor will go to grapple with him or punch with if he doesn't know GGG is a boxer?

Again, stop comparing MMA to streetfighting. Boxers won't fight like boxers and MMA fighters won't have MMA rules to help them out when their grappling gets them in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X