Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr: Andre Ward is P4P 1, Lomachenko is 2, Kovalev is 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
    I think you know the answer pretty well yourself: go to middleweight and earn mandatory position in one of ABC organizations.
    Like Brook did.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      wow

my eye test told me that Kovalev had Ward down, hurt, and behind on the cards..... and yet could not stop him working his way back into the fight, because Ward had better skills/timing/ringIQ
      I'm not saying that they have the same skill set. However, I am saying they're equally skilled. That's why the fight was so close. I agree Ward used his timing and ring IQ to work his way back into the fight. I can also argue he was getting out skilled in the first half of the fight but it was that championship drive that made him refuse to quit. That's the separation I'm talking about.

Comment

Great Minds Think Alike that was my Top 3 immediately after the fight in whatever order it doesn't matter but I do have those as my Top 3 currently. Still a big fan of Gonzalez, I would like to see him fight Estrada again, I think he needs that type of fight to Solidify #1 and GGG is right their as well but his Ranking is more of a PROJECTION of what we think he can POTENTIALLY DO if the other top guys at Middleweight would grow a pair and step the fuk up and fight him. I don't want to hear about how "GGG NEEDS TO MOVE UP" until after Jacobs, Billy Joe and Canelo fight him then it would be time to move up, until then I don't think GGG should move anywhere why leave and potential match up with Canelo behind for WHO at 168?

Crawford is of course another who is right on the brink of that Top 3 as well. Molina fight doesn't help or hurt him just a stay busy low budget opponents with a style that Crawford will look good against but hopefully his next fight is another big fight maybe a unification bout with Eduard Troyanovsky

Boxing future looks great it is going to take time to bring casuals back to the sport, I still say Personality is needed to get boxing back because the talent is still their, in fact Post Pacquiao/Mayweather ERA is MORE TALENTED IMO

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
          Explain how grappling isn't part of boxing?
          its only a part of boxing when their favorite fighter uses it as apart of their gameplan, when a fighter they don't like does it, its cheating

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Kovalev is 1, Golovkin is 2, Roman is 3.
            So #1 lost his last fight and #2 has never beaten a quality fighter?

BTW, you can red k me all you want, but you are the only one who considers T Fury a slick boxer and not a slow plodder.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

I agree that he is too but I will wait for his resume to grow before moving him up a bit. I also have Golovkin high with a weakish resume based on the eye test more than the resume but I have to see balance, my p4p lists are kinda strict with certain criteria.
              Criteria? Like your name can't be Andre Ward?

Comment

As far as talent Loma is 1 without question. He absolutely dominated Walters, nearly if not all rds went to him.

Loma 1
                Roman 2
                Ward 3
                Kov 4
                Crawford 5
                Golovkin 6

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  I'm not saying that they have the same skill set. However, I am saying they're equally skilled. That's why the fight was so close. I agree Ward used his timing and ring IQ to work his way back into the fight. I can also argue he was getting out skilled in the first half of the fight but it was that championship drive that made him refuse to quit. That's the separation I'm talking about.

he wasn't getting out-skilled, he was learning to tame a monster

judges weigh far more importance on how a fight finishes

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                    its only a part of boxing when their favorite fighter uses it as apart of their gameplan, when a fighter they don't like does it, its cheating
                    My point exactly.
                    Thank you.

Comment

So all the ones using him to slam Ward are at a crossroad now

Comment

Working...
                      X