The Final Batman Vs Superman Trailer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
    So what did you think of the film?
    I thought it was great all around. It baffles me to see people calling it bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I thought it was great all around. It baffles me to see people calling it bad.
      I'll have to check it out. I thought Watchmen was awesome so if it's anything like that I'm sure I'll like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Fair points. I think the scene had more to do with Batman finally humanizing Superman more so than hearing him utter his mother's name. Batman viewed Supes as a threatening alien/God that needed to be taken down and he realized at that moment how Superman seemed vulnerable and human-like (holding back In the fight, accepting defeat, and only caring about his mother) while Batman himself appeared to be the real monster there. The same name seemed to trigger this. He was able to relate to Superman on a human level and it also brought back the pain of losing his own mother. Which is why I loved that line Batman said shortly after, "Martha will not die tonight." That's my take on it anyhow.
        This absolutely. I think the people who are criticizing the story didnt put any effort into understanding it. I'm the discrepancy master and I found none here.

Batman's motivations for going after Superman was that he couldn't be trusted. That an alien foreigner with absolute power would inevitably turn corrupt, which is a main theme in the movie.

Batman is not a killer, there's no evil in his heart. He's a defender and an enforcer of Justice. When he stood over a defeated enemy and saw not a God, but just a person pleading for the life of his mother, he realized he was wrong about his judgements. Also the flashback of his own mother reminded him how much he despises murder.

The reason he doesn't use guns and the reason he doesn't kill is because of his parents. He understands more than anyone the weight of death.

Comment

• I enjoyed it, one of the few "bad" movies I have liked. The thing is that the movie has incredible peaks but a litany of issues that hold it back. Also wtf was up with Lex feeding that senator a jollie rancher lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ea22 View Post
            I enjoyed it, one of the few "bad" movies I have liked. The thing is that the movie has incredible peaks but a litany of issues that hold it back. Also wtf was up with Lex feeding that senator a jollie rancher lol.
            Probably just to show he was insane and a sociopath lol

Comment

• This movie is made for fanboys and comic book fans. If you take that aspect away from it, it makes perfect sense that critics wouldn't enjoy it. The Marvel movies (most of them) are light hearted in their core and genuinely funny even. The dialogue is usually better, the direction and flow is usually better. If I didn't like Batman I probably would have hated it. There was some problems with pacing early on. I mean how many times do we need to know Batman's parents were killed? The clips of the Justice League members didn't really make any sense at all. Flash made sense, they could have just used that.

That's just me nitpicking. I enjoyed it for what it was. For the record Superman is still a **** boy.

Comment

• i'd rate it 6/10

Luthor ruined the movie for me, he is so annoying and hamfisted..the character's way of speaking is like a poor impression of Joker or something. I can't take the character seriously. Jesse Eisenberg is the wrong choice on this one

The SFX were cool but falls flat in action scenes. The only thing i liked is the one where Batman fighting multiple guys. That's how i picture Batman really fights and it's better choregraphed than Nolan's Batman. Doomsday is misplaced in this movie i think, together with Wonder Woman. Batman & Supes could carry this movie by themselves with their contrasting principles and without the overblown violence.

Comment

• Thought the movie was okay... Just okay. My favorite parts were Doomsday, and the brief footage involving other/future members of the League...

In all honesty, I thought the new trailer for Civil War was better than the movie...

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    This movie sucked, just glad the Dark Knight was not involve in this crap

It was entertaining, the camera n all that cool stuff was great, just the movie was bad, lol he wont kill Batman, Batman wont kill him, they didnt kill Martha, doomsday monster was made from Lex blood, n lol at Lex

I hope Superman stays dead
                    You sound like a fn idiot lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      This movie is made for fanboys and comic book fans. If you take that aspect away from it, it makes perfect sense that critics wouldn't enjoy it. The Marvel movies (most of them) are light hearted in their core and genuinely funny even. The dialogue is usually better, the direction and flow is usually better. If I didn't like Batman I probably would have hated it. There was some problems with pacing early on. I mean how many times do we need to know Batman's parents were killed? The clips of the Justice League members didn't really make any sense at all. Flash made sense, they could have just used that.

That's just me nitpicking. I enjoyed it for what it was. For the record Superman is still a **** boy.
                      I agree that pacing was a big issue, the movie constantly kept getting in the way of itself in hopes of setting up the Justice League. Some scenes really broke up the flow of the movie, the highlight for me was Wonder Women in her ****ing pijamas looking at the meta humans video right when Superman and Batman were about to throw down. That was a long scene too.

Still enjoyed it quite a lot, and although I have never read a comic book in my life I am reasonably well versed in the DC universe which probably helped a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X