No announcement yet.

Why didn't Hagler challenge himself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    You may want to recheck your list. I think only Fitzimmons was undisputed. In any event that's a very short list you came up withafter you said...
    The discussion is about why Hagler didnt fight at LHW like most great MW champs before.
    If you don't know who's undisputed you might as well stop watching boxing. And no, its not a short list, plenty top middleweights moved up, I just named the ones that came to mind and had the most famous fights.

Plus theres a difference between unified and undisputed smh

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
      fight made in minutes?

hagler took 5 years to fight one eyed welterweight SRL refused the rematch when it was a close fight and refused to fight at 175 because big scary men were there.

Floyd fought at 130-154 with no problems, with men often outweighing him by 20 lbs. Oh and his close fights? He made immediate rematches unlike coward Hagler.
      Lol. Sugar Ray held a press conference to tell Hagler he wasn't fighting him in 82 or 83.

Hagler never grew out of the middleweight division. Floyd grew out of the divisions. Floyd, could have spotted all those paper champs 30 lbs and still beat most of them

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        If you don't know who's undisputed you might as well stop watching boxing. And no, its not a short list, plenty top middleweights moved up, I just named the ones that came to mind and had the most famous fights.

Plus theres a difference between unified and undisputed smh
        Your dodging the question again.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I never said he wasnt an ATG, quite the opposite actually lol

The discussion is about why Hagler didnt fight at LHW like most great MW champs before.
          We just disagree worst things in world.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            Lol. Sugar Ray held a press conference to tell Hagler he wasn't fighting him in 82 or 83.

Hagler never grew out of the middleweight division. Floyd grew out of the divisions. Floyd, could have spotted all those paper champs 30 lbs and still beat most of them
            Floyd never realy grew out of even 135 he just moved up because he was that good.But I agree with you on Haggler yo DONT HAVE to move up and still be great.Holding a div HOSTAGE for 7 yrs can still be as impressive imo.And your right Haggler never had prob makin 160 and their were MANY good fighters at 160 during his prime77-87

Comment

Working...
            X