Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How highly would you rate Carl Froch if he avenged the Ward defeat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How highly would you rate Carl Froch if he avenged the Ward defeat?

This fight will probably never happen but I wish it would.

Ward is the one guy Froch has not beaten. It should be in Froch's interest to try and avenge this defeat for the sake of his legacy. For me it's a fight where Froch would have really not much to lose because if he lost he'd still be regarded of the same level he was before the fight, if anything he may be more respected more for fighting the one champion that no one wants to fight.
    For all of Carl's success and warrior reputation he has never been the number one guy, never been the linear, ring magazine and universally regarded true champion....if Carl won that would truly be an amazing feat, and if he was to stand a better chance, now could be the best time to make that fight due to Ward's inactivity...

Hypothetically, if Carl did avenge the Ward defeat how highly would you regard him?

roy jones, stand aside.

Comment

There would be zero question that he was the best super middleweight ever, and by a wiiiiide margin.

Won't happen, though.

Comment

pimp cane status

Comment

Very highly. If he could beat prime Ward then you'd have to rank Froch as the best super middleweight ever. He'd have the resume to back it up.

Comment

Would never happen.

Comment

He'd be a G in my eyes
              Never liked him as a person but as a boxer/fighter. Big respect to him for his career.

Comment

Depends on the manner of how he did it. There'd likely be calls for a 3rd fight if he won.

Comment

"I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough"

Comment

Best 168 ever on resume. Doesn't win every H2H but a Ward win would make him the best super-middle, with a record at least similar to Lewis (2 avenged losses, defeated every fighter he faced) and up there as perhaps the best British fighter ever too.

Comment

Working...
                    X