There's been another school shooting in Noblesville, Indiana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    not if they don't have access to guns!
    They'd just jack you off in the bathroom when you're taking a **** and I think I'd rather die.

Comment

The Game industry is triving

Comment

We have a mental health crisis in this country and nothing is being done about it, unfortunately. Social media just exacerbates it in a myriad of ways--especially with young people.

What we need to do is open/build mental hospitals like what we had still in the 70's but Reagan came in and repealed Carter's Mental Health Systems Act with his Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act which ended the federal government's role in providing services to the mentally ill--which was a huge mistake in retrospect.

Now, they are just put in prison. The amount of people in prison with at least one mental health issue is staggering! There are only around 37K psych beds in the U.S. which is below 1850's level.

Things have only gotten worse for how we take care of the mentally ill since our Great Recession in 2009, which called for more budget cuts to this area. This is a mental health issue--not a Republican or a Democrat issue. And the gun violence is a RESULT of the mental health issues.

Comment

We need to keep tightening our gun laws in MA. There’s something called a “red flag” law that allows law enforcement to confiscate firearms if a person is deemed dangerous. I hope they pass it.

Massachusetts can be an example to the rest of the country that gun control works while keeping the 2nd amendment

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
            We have a mental health crisis in this country and nothing is being done about it, unfortunately. Social media just exacerbates it in a myriad of ways--especially with young people.

What we need to do is open/build mental hospitals like what we had still in the 70's but Reagan came in and repealed Carter's Mental Health Systems Act with his Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act which ended the federal government's role in providing services to the mentally ill--which was a huge mistake in retrospect.

Now, they are just put in prison. The amount of people in prison with at least one mental health issue is staggering! There are only around 37K psych beds in the U.S. which is below 1850's level.

Things have only gotten worse for how we take care of the mentally ill since our Great Recession in 2009, which called for more budget cuts to this area. This is a mental health issue--not a Republican or a Democrat issue. And the gun violence is a RESULT of the mental health issues.
            I can agree there is a mental health problem (I blame social media) but lets not ignore that we have a gun problem too. I am for the right to bear arms, hell I am for open carry, BUT the # of accessible guns (legal or illegal) out in the general public is ridiculous.

Comment

If they didn't have access to guns these disturbed kids would be committing school knifings instead. Or finding some other way to cause damage.

To me the question is why are we having more of these today than ever before? Guns were just as legal and accessible in the '80s and before that but the problem didn't exist.

So what is going on now that wasn't going on back then? And what can we do to start fixing it?

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                what is up with kids nowadays shooting up school?? i mean is this the "cool" thing to do now?
                the social media/internet age is going to produce more and more kids like this. a lot of outcasts who are reminded of their poor social standing not only at school but when they are on their own in the evening. thats gonna add fuel to any existing mental health condition. and with the ease that people can purchase weapons its a recipe for disaster cause they can enact their sick version of 'revenge'

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  If they didn't have access to guns these disturbed kids would be committing school knifings instead. Or finding some other way to cause damage.

To me the question is why are we having more of these today than ever before? Guns were just as legal and accessible in the '80s and before that but the problem didn't exist.

So what is going on now that wasn't going on back then? And what can we do to start fixing it?

you understand that knives are much less efficient than guns for a school shooting, right? go watch a video on the internet of somebody getting stabbed if you need to. it takes a while for somebody to die from a stab wound, or you need to be really precise or stab several times. guns can kill people from across the hallway. and that disturbed kids exist in civilized countries with gun control and don't murder at anywhere near the rate we see in the US, you understand that, too?

you get that, right? do you still need to ask these red herring questions in regard of that knowledge?

Comment

you understand that knives are much less efficient than guns for a school shooting, right? go watch a video on the internet of somebody getting stabbed if you need to. it takes a while for somebody to die from a stab wound, or you need to be really precise or stab several times. guns can kill people from across the hallway. and that disturbed kids exist in civilized countries with gun control and don't murder at anywhere near the rate we see in the US, you understand that, too?

you get that, right? do you still need to ask these red herring questions in regard of that knowledge?
                    So you don't rely care to get to the bottom of why kids are snapping more and more these days?

Ok. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack. View Post
                      the social media/internet age is going to produce more and more kids like this. a lot of outcasts who are reminded of their poor social standing not only at school but when they are on their own in the evening. thats gonna add fuel to any existing mental health condition. and with the ease that people can purchase weapons its a recipe for disaster cause they can enact their sick version of 'revenge'
                      I agree. Most adults are not mature enough to handle social media. Teens are highly impulsive, have raging hormones, and are experiencing certain emotions for the first time in their lives.

Comment

Working...
                      X