Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu Calls For a Showdown With Anthony Mundine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu Calls For a Showdown With Anthony Mundine

Tim Tszyu, the son of Hall of Famer and form
    er world champion Kostya Tszyu, wants to have a showdown with veteran Anthony Mundine, who himself won world titles in several divisions. Tszyu is a highly regarded prospect with a record of 8-0 with six wins by way of knockout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If mundine isn’t completely shot, he could handle this kid

Comment

Did I read it correctly? Tszyu & Mundain the two biggest names in Australian boxing. How about the likes of Rose, Fenech, Harding & Famechon?

Comment

Hopefully this happens but its doubtful. Tszyu camp won't risk a loss this early on in his career.

Comment

This kid is just trying to get his name out there. As stated previously...even a shot mundine would bust this him up. The only other reason he would call for this is because he thinks he can make large dollars off of a showdown with a guy who regularly made a couple of million a bout by being a big fish in a small pond. Even then he required opponents who even though they were past their use by dates at least carried some name recognition. Mundine held the publics interest for a while as people hoped to see him get beat. Unfortunately thats been done enough times now that unless he could draw an international superstar or world champion (Jeep Horn) into the ring...then the money just isnt there. In the US young Tim wouldnt make it out of the high school auditorium or local bingo hall.

Comment

I would probably tip Tszyu to beat Mundine at this stage. Too young, too fresh. Mundine doesn't have his legs under him any more, and that chin has taken a battering at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
              I would probably tip Tszyu to beat Mundine at this stage. Too young, too fresh. Mundine doesn't have his legs under him any more, and that chin has taken a battering at this point.
              Come on man...unless you are a die hard Green fan...you dont really believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs
                Did I read it correctly? Tszyu & Mundain the two biggest names in Australian boxing. How about the likes of Rose, Fenech, Harding & Famechon?
                You forgot Jeff Horny Horn.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                  I only know Tszyu and Mundian lol. Oh yea and that guy who got KO'd by cotto on that catchweight fight. So maybe he is telling the truth.

Comment

Time flies. Didn't realize Tim was 8-0 already. Guess its a lil harder to keep track of these out of country pospects sometimes. Sh^t why not fight him I guess. Already seeing Tim gots some better then you'd expect guys on his resume with only 8 fights. Even has been the 10 round distance before in a fight where he got dropped in the 1st.

And Soliman is 1-3-1 in his last 5 fights over the last 4 years. Only win is over a 29-21 guy. And the draw is over a guy who's looking like a low level manufactured record prospect type guy to me. So yea this don't seem a far fetched matchup to me & Tim would likely be a very solid favorite I'd imagine. That said its worth noting Soliman's L's are all forgivable, Jermain Taylor (L12), Derevyanchenko (KO'd by) & Dominic Wade (Ls10).

But f#ck it seems worth making this fight to get a name in with a son of a HOFer.

Comment

Working...
                    X