No announcement yet.

Can I ask one SERIOUS question about this 50 million offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    IF they have that kinda money lying around, why has Wilder only been getting like 2 million paypackets?

No hate, no bs, just serious responses please.
    Everything you post is full of hate for American boxers you bias British bull****er.

Comment

Seriously you are so full of **** that it's coming out of your ears.You don't want to discuss anything. You just want to trash Wilder and praise AJ. Most of us want to see them fight each other and don't give a damn about bogus offers made by either side.

Comment

Because Joshua Wilder will be the most anticipated heavyweight fight since Wlad vs David Haye or maybe before that. Except for the Joshua fans who are like, Povetkin sounds like a good fight next. But when the fight is about to start and both men are making their entrances to the ring, then they will be pumped up too...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
          IF they have that kinda money lying around, why has Wilder only been getting like 2 million paypackets?

No hate, no bs, just serious responses please.
          Because the filed purses are often wildly inaccurate. When Deontay Wilder fights an in house fight on a Haymon controlled event, why in the world would they list Wilder's true purse when they can minimize taxes and sanctioning fees by compensating him in creative ways in order to minimize what is filed with the commission?

This is common practice in the boxing industry, at least in the US, and I would imagine other places as well.

It's part of why it's so stupid when fans try to definitively compare Wilder and AJ's previous purses. Haymon purposely deflates the figures, Hearn purposely inflates the figures, so fans really have no way of knowing who is getting paid what. There's no doubt AJ makes way more than Wilder per fight, but the gap isn't nearly as wide as those here believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
            no one has answered the question including u so how common is this sense u speak of if no one can abnswer?
            Just stop. He doesn’t want an answer. He’ll just move the goalpost (like you will).

Lol @ you two seriously asking where the money is from on an offer from Al Haymon co-signed by Showtime.

Comment

If Haymon actually wanted to make the fight it doesn't start with a Wilder vague twitter which is ????

What team Haymon has done is create an imaginary circumstance with no contract and an imaginary time line for Hearn to accept bc theres no details guaranteeing an actual 50 Million $$$ or it would have been included with the financial backers.

One has to gullible to believe that Hearn would agree to a 24 hour mystery deal ,what is he suppose to sign ? The E mail .

On top of that they extended the Hearn meeting until tomorrow .

Its painfully obvious which side is going to try and build the fight up through the social media , its the team that doesnt actual want to negotiate so they can get more money !

The NO rematch claus should have told all of you this anyway .

Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-26-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I used to think that maybe Joshua could win it easy but now I don't think either guy wins it easy and I can see it possibly going to a decision which is why I'm preferential to having the bout in the United States. I don't want the judges to favor either man but to be accurate.

Comment

Because Wilder hasn't been worth paying more than he usually gets? he isn't a big draw alone.

It's not a charity. Just because you have money available, it doesn't mean to you have to overpay everyone all the time.

Comment

Probably Haymon and Showtime big wigs.

It makes sense. Vegas has no super fights lined up in either boxing or MMA. Showtime doesn't have any PPV's planned for the year. PPV boxing for the year in America is screwed. Even with Canelo coming back in September, we still don't know if he'll take a tuneup or what. A 50 million front is 1 or 2 Mayweather fights. If they think this fight can do big numbers its definitely within their power to front Wilder's team the money for the fight.

Comment

The real question is why do you care where it comes from or how much wilder makes? You guys wasnted a counter offer then it comes and you come up with more excuses and questions.

Comment

Working...
                      X