No announcement yet.

National Disgrace! Community fights back as California overrun by homeless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    Born and raised in California, but I live in a gated community with other conservatives. When we venture out, it's like an alien world.
    U in SHU with the other Aryans?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      I have definitely noticed the homeless population grow in Southern Ca. Ive also noticed over the past decade its gotten deathly cold in the East, mid-east, & mid west. Our weather is a safe haven for most transients escaping the snow, rain, and other inclimate weather the rest of the USA has. Another thing is last election we passed a law releasing non-violent drug offenders from our prisons. Relieving over crowded prisons has filled freeway overpasses with tent cities. This is 1 of the main reasons why I said we need prison reform in this country. Most of the homeless are drug addicts with born mental health issues or drug induced mental health issues.
      My thoughts are to create homeless camps in the middle of nowhere, away from the cities and suburbs. Temporary housing in a tent city with toilets, showers, and helping them get off drugs and eventually help with job placement. During their stay they do something productive--work the farms, pick up trash, maybe create organic farms that fund themselves. You won't reach them all, but even if you can help half of them, it's a start.

I know there are state and city funded programs to house homeless families in hotels, which costs billions of dollars each year. There has to be a better way to house, feed and clothe them while getting them off the government teet and back on their feet. Problem is, many of them don't want to get their shyt together. As you said, there are a lot of ex-cons and insane people roaming the streets that are likely beyond rehabilitation or help.

Maybe re-open mental institutions that are better regulated?

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
        Born and raised in California, but I live in a gated community with other conservatives. When we venture out, it's like an alien world.
        In 1999 Wille brown said homeless people had a right to shopping carts they stole from supermarkets and stopped the police from dealing with them. Mayor brown had a competition to design a netter homeless cart. I had an awesome design with a fold out so homeless people could sleep, a compartment for a dog, mini soar panels and a Mimi electric heater for winter and a cooling fan for summer. It had bigger wheels that could lock in place.

It was awesome.

Comment

U in SHU with the other Aryans?
          Hahahahahaha gated community!

Comment

I have definitely noticed the homeless population grow in Southern Ca. Ive also noticed over the past decade its gotten deathly cold in the East, mid-east, & mid west. Our weather is a safe haven for most transients escaping the snow, rain, and other inclimate weather the rest of the USA has. Another thing is last election we passed a law releasing non-violent drug offenders from our prisons. Relieving over crowded prisons has filled freeway overpasses with tent cities. This is 1 of the main reasons why I said we need prison reform in this country. Most of the homeless are drug addicts with born mental health issues or drug induced mental health issues.
            They need to get more mental health sh^t going on in the US. Up to & including putting these guys in some mental health facility. Then you could probably better sort out the rest of the homeless with drug assistance or jail from there. Plus you'd probably be able to help the legit people who fell off cuz of a job loss or injury better & quicker.

Here in Vegas I've never seen so many homeless people. This is the first warm climate place I've ever lived at besides Costa Rica & in CR you'd see like one cat sleeping by a overpass or under a random tree every few days maybe, but thats about it. San Jose, CR gots less of a homeless problem by a marathon distance then any big city in the US I bet or at least they handle the homeless people better there than here idk.

I almost stepped on a homeless cat outside of a Del Taco my 2nd week here they are so all over in random spots at all times of the day. Sh^t is nuts & I've definitely grown colder about homeless people cuz I see able body adults in presentable enough clothes every day holding up signs on corners vs going into places who got up help wanted signs everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              In 1999 Wille brown said homeless people had a right to shopping carts they stole from supermarkets and stopped the police from dealing with them. Mayor brown had a competition to design a netter homeless cart. I had an awesome design with a fold out so homeless people could sleep, a compartment for a dog, mini soar panels and a Mimi electric heater for winter and a cooling fan for summer. It had bigger wheels that could lock in place.

It was awesome.
              I actually remember that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Hahahahahaha gated community!
                I knew youd get that 1. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  I actually remember that!!!
                  I couldn't believe it! It was insane. Willie Brown, no welfare project is too expensive for tax payers!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    1,100 lbs of human sh^t. The guy scooping it up had to go weigh it too????? Wtf.
                    It’s faux news. Take a whole lot of salt with that article.

It’s so expensive here that naturally not all can afford. Interestingly the poor still choose to stay in Cali rather than move to a republican state. Lol.

Comment

I knew youd get that 1. lol
                      Good one! Real good!

Comment

Working...
                      X