No announcement yet.

Golovkin had the worst connect rate on power shots of his whole career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
    Hitting nearly 50% of your power shots is the very definition of effective aggression. You don't get points for moving forward, that's not a focking judging criteria.

And please don't come at me with that stupid argument about who outlanded who, Alvarez landed 4 more power shots than Golovkin, even though he threw 100 more. Now how about that about for effective aggression?
    effective aggression is not necessarily to do with punch connect percentages, It could be - but it is most likely a by-product and not the essence of it. Effective aggression is backing someone up and landing on them and hopefully outlanding the opponent. Which is pretty much what Golovkin did. But he did miss a lot as well.
    On the other hand, fighting a defensive fight fighting off the backfoot and dodging incoming while scoring can be seen as effective aggression - which must have been what Adelaide Byrd was scoring but she just totally exaggerated that.

Comment

There was no robbery.

Comment

So wait, people are using "Golovkin threw more punches" as reasoning for Canelo winning the fight?

Yes, Canelo landed a good percentage of shots. GGG landed more, full stop.

The desperation in this thread is strong, real strong.

Comment

So you guys have decided to completely overlook the compubox stats huh

Golovkin had a connect rate of 31% in this fight. That's about 15% under his average. In comparison, he connected 41% of his power shots against Murray and 48.9% against Jacobs.

Canelo, on the other hand, connected 41.9% of his power shots. Now that's what I call EFFECTIVE aggression.

In addition, he had a better connect rate in every round except the 9th.

So, how in the fock was Golovkin robbed????

Edit:
          Alvarez also OUTLANDED Golovkin by 4 on power shots even though Golovkin threw 100 more, so spare me those "but if err I throw one punch and connect one I beat you err durr" arguments.
          Who the **** scores a fight based on what the Compubox *stats* are...
          Rather than their own eyes?

Who the **** scores a fight based on *percentage* of punches landed...
          Rather than *actual* punches landed?

Who the **** scores a fight based on *totals* of a fight...
          Rather than round-by-round like Boxing is supposed to be judged?

BTW,
          I'm not sweating the DRAW all that much.

Comment

Is everyone aware that "Power Punches" are simply any punch that is not a Jab?

It's not to suggest that it's a Hook that landed with more "power" than your normal Hook, or a more powerful Straight than your usual Straights, etc...

Comment

Golovkin had a connect rate of 31% in this fight. That's about 15% under his average. In comparison, he connected 41% of his power shots against Murray and 48.9% against Jacobs.

Canelo, on the other hand, connected 41.9% of his power shots. Now that's what I call EFFECTIVE aggression.

Edit:

Alvarez also OUTLANDED Golovkin by 4 on power shots even though Golovkin threw 100 more, so spare me those "but if err I throw one punch and connect one I beat you err durr" arguments.
              It's not just power shots dum FUK. Yah because ggg was the busier fighter while canelo was fighting to survive. You do realize that ggg out landed canelo by almost 50 total shots? The power shots were almost identical. CARRY ON TROLL BOY.

Comment

I don't get the general argument of the thread. Of course some of his metrics dropped. Canelo is one of his best opponents.

He still outlanded him and won a competitive fight.

How does "He didn't do as well vs Canelo as he did vs Gabe Rosado" tell us anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  So if Canelo would have 20 punches landed out of 20 thrown, that would make it 100% connect rate man he would deserve a 120-108 score right?

Effective aggression??? Haha when? Canelo was running backwards.

The fact that Canelo threw less, landed less, could never back Golovkin up but was running backwards the whole fight doesn't count right?
                  Ignore this guy, he said getting punched in the face scores points for the fighter getting hit if the fighter isn't hurt.

Comment

Edit:

GGG landed more punches in R1 15 to 10,R3 15 to 13,R4 18 to 13, R5 18 to 14, R6 16 to 15, R7 16 to 12, R8 21 to 11, R9 24 to 13, R10 23 to 18, R11 17 to 13. Canelo landed more in R2 14 to 12 and they both landed 23 punches in R12. GGG landed more punches in 10 of the 12 rounds while Canelo landed more punches only in 1 round. GGG missed more punches but he threw 200 more punches so he still landed more punches. Connect percent doesn't win rounds. Landing more punches is supposed to win rounds. GGG did that in 10 rounds and got robbed by the judges as almost everyone knew he would if he didn't win by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      GGG landed more punches in R1 15 to 10,R3 15 to 13,R4 18 to 13, R5 18 to 14, R6 16 to 15, R7 16 to 12, R8 21 to 11, R9 24 to 13, R10 23 to 18, R11 17 to 13. Canelo landed more in R2 14 to 12 and they both landed 23 punches in R12. GGG landed more punches in 10 of the 12 rounds while Canelo landed more punches only in 1 round. GGG missed more punches but he threw 200 more punches so he still landed more punches. Connect percent doesn't win rounds. Landing more punches is supposed to win rounds. GGG did that in 10 rounds and got robbed by the judges as almost everyone knew he would if he didn't win by KO.
                      Canelo landed more power punches in 7 of the 12 rounds and the better power punch connect rate in 11 out of the 12. It's pretty clear who was doing the cleaner work on the shots that actually counted.

Comment

Working...
                      X