Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats ruining Boxing and what keeps it afloat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys like the TS and the first responder that claim to be boxing fans when its clear they only watch star fighters are what is killing the sport.

"Fans" like these do not watch young fighters without a name. they never support the sport outside of 1 network 1 night a week. they don't watch minor cards. they don't know anything about the sport outside of the top names. When it comes time for major PPV fights, they brag about stealing them. They openly talk about how many fights they will not be watching.

They hate skills and instead only want to see power. They complain about the way fights are made yet forget fights have been made like this for decades (of course if they truly followed the sport they would know this). They do not how to score a fight nor know the basic rules of the sport.

They post about how much they love the sport but their actions show they are not really anything more than casual fans.

What keeps the sport afloat is the true diehard fans. the fans that go to fights and support the sport, not just an individual fighter, when they are on TV. The guys that pay the PPV fees even when times are tight. The guys that watch fights even when its not the style they prefer because some boxing is better than none.

The guys that actually act like fans.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Are you being ****ing serious ?.
      Im talking about social media.
      Groupie fans.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        guys like the TS and the first responder that claim to be boxing fans when its clear they only watch star fighters are what is killing the sport.

"Fans" like these do not watch young fighters without a name. they never support the sport outside of 1 network 1 night a week. they don't watch minor cards. they don't know anything about the sport outside of the top names. When it comes time for major PPV fights, they brag about stealing them. They openly talk about how many fights they will not be watching.

They hate skills and instead only want to see power. They complain about the way fights are made yet forget fights have been made like this for decades (of course if they truly followed the sport they would know this). They do not how to score a fight nor know the basic rules of the sport.

They post about how much they love the sport but their actions show they are not really anything more than casual fans.

What keeps the sport afloat is the true diehard fans. the fans that go to fights and support the sport, not just an individual fighter, when they are on TV. The guys that pay the PPV fees even when times are tight. The guys that watch fights even when its not the style they prefer because some boxing is better than none.

The guys that actually act like fans.

You coudnt be more wrong Dunn.
        I watch almost all fights possible.
        I just went to the Haymon show in Az and sat next to shawn porter and watched and supported alexander to beat martinez.

I can care less about promotional outfits. I love boxing. You support this A side B side social media fueds. You say a guy who hasnt beat a top 10 fighter in 4 yrs should p4p number 1. Thats whats wrong with boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          This is why I'm a big fan of tennis. You know that at every open, the best have to face the best. Imagine if Djokavic makes it to the finals then says he wants to play the guy that got bumped in the quarter finals rather than the opponent who sits at the top with him.

I love the sport of boxing but its turned into a joke with all the promotional fueds, network fueds, stipulations, a-side/b-side crap, etc...

Its a shame when UFC is more organized than a sport that's been around for over 100yrs longer.
          That's exactly what's wrong with it. And the UFC proved it doesn't have to be that way.

Comment

No consistency in anything. You have rules that are bent for some fighters and not others (holding allowed vs non-allowed, low blows, etc..) Championship belts organizations make up their own rules as they go, make up belts to get more money etc. Promoters getting favoritism from these organizations. Fighters doing anything to keep their undefeated record and dodging competition

Comment

What ruins boxing is the lack of oversight and rules that allows scumbags to pull whatever scumbag moves they want.

What keeps it afloat is that it's still an amazing event, and there is absolutely nothing in sports like a big time prizefight.

Comment

What keeps it afloat? Us fans of course and fighters who are willing to face top competition. Also, the young men coming up in the sport who gives us different fighting styles and the countrymen who bring a whole country together to back up their man giving some hope and inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                  You coudnt be more wrong Dunn.
                  I watch almost all fights possible.
                  I just went to the Haymon show in Az and sat next to shawn porter and watched and supported alexander to beat martinez.

I can care less about promotional outfits. I love boxing. You support this A side B side social media fueds. You say a guy who hasnt beat a top 10 fighter in 4 yrs should p4p number 1. Thats whats wrong with boxing
                  No that isn't what is wrong with boxing.

The a side. b side stuff has been around for ages. B sides just accepted things and fought. My opinion of who is the top p4p fighter surely doesn't hurt the sport you clown.

The fans ultimately hurt the sport more than anything else. I see you and others mention UFC. UFC fans seem to watch whenever the sport is on. I'm not in any UFC forums-but I doubt they brag about not watching fights and fighters.

There have always been bad scores. Boxing has worked its way through it since more often than not, the judges get it right.

Network deals hurt the sport-they used to increase the number of possible opponents. Now it restricts the number of opponents.

Promoters/Managers stealing money huts the sport. Potential great fighters see Tyson getting $100 mil stolen, see Bob stealing from Floyd/Manny and then they go into other sports.

Lack of an organized body hurts the sport as well. Fights need to get made. but young fans over exaggerating how easy they are made or how often great fights happened doesn't help. If you love the sport, you enjoy it, not just it when the best names are performing.

Comment

One sport under one umbrella is needed. There are to many factions in this sport. To many Chiefs

Comment

I think nationalism keeps it where its at, the Olympics helps too but the Americans don't promote their young guns like the Brits do and me personally I'm not happy about that!
                      Luke Campbell, Amir Khan, Anthony Joshua all these guys and many more they got pushed out there to the public winning a gold medal can do a lot for your career or just winning any medal but I'm unsure If the American public care about the sport or not they'd rather waste there time watching people bounce a ball or a bunch of roided up guys swinging a bat at a ball I don't get it man..

Comment

Working...
                      X