No announcement yet.

Are quick stoppages ruining Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are quick stoppages ruining Boxing?

This **** is reminding me of UFC now. The fighter doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. The moment the fighter is in trouble and not defending himself the fight get stopped?

Would Tim Bradley VS Provo get stopped today?

Yes. This is a gladiator sport, keep the premature stoppages to badminton.

Comment

I think refs need to be trained properly. They either stop fights too early or they give 10 counts and don't give the full 10 seconds, . What the f**k is the point of a 10 count if they're going to stop it at 1, 3, 5, even 9 seconds in?

Comment

Stupid refs who immediately break fighters when theyre still fighting inside are also ruining the sport. I remember at castillo-mayweather 1 when the ref said "calm down", theyre in the middle of the fight and youre telling them to calm down. Hahaha

Comment

One of the things that annoys me most is when a ref is counting out a downed boxer and doesn't even complete the 10 count when the guy isn't lights out. At least let the guy get up and step in post holes when the ref tells the fighter to walk towards him after he gets up before calling the fight.

Comment

I think the standing eight count needs to be a rule used in every fight. A lot of potentially great fights have stopped way to early.

Refs seem to be searching for any and ever reason to stop fights these days.
            Last edited by SilverMiles; 09-12-2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Better one to many quick stoppages than one more death .

Comment

It's definitely ruining the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Better one to many quick stoppages than one more death .
                  better still to actually do your job right though.

imagine if pac marquez had been stopped in round 1 after that 3rd knock down?

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
                    I think refs need to be trained properly. They either stop fights too early or they give 10 counts and don't give the full 10 seconds, . What the f**k is the point of a 10 count if they're going to stop it at 1, 3, 5, even 9 seconds in?
                    I hate that shlt they rob the fighter of a KO victory.

Comment

Working...
                    X