Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilders power bailed him out of his last fight. that won't happen forever...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder is just too advanced. He's like the Garry Kasparov of boxing.

Comment

Wilder was getting schooled until Washington decided that schooling Wilder was "not worth it" for some strange reason and ended up getting his ass TKO'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Wilder was getting outboxed. Its no secret his talent is lacking but his power has been enough to win.. So far.
        LOL, guys, guys settle down. The official scorecards were either tied or had Wilder ahead. Washington was surviving but not doing anything significant.

Once he saw an opening Wilder got him outta dere..

Comment

Actually, it's his power that has gotten him this far. It's his power that will continue to carry him to the end. I don't see him beating Joshua, but I don't see anyone else on the horizon who beats him either. Ortiz gasses out and doesn't throw enough punches, Fury is a clown, and Bellew too small.

Comment

Washington was doing nothing in that fight so it is more like wilder carried him by not pushing the issue rather than Washington actually controlling anything. To actually be badly out boxing someone you have to be putting a decent amount of punches on a guy or making the other guy miss a lot and sustain it.

Wilder wasn't throwing much and when he started in round 4 he landed shots, then round 5 when he ended it.

I guess that is the Kell Brook school of out boxing someone?

Wilder could get out boxed or Wilder could get knocked out, but it has nothing to do with the Washinton fight showing anything because Wilder wasn't that uncomfortable or frustrated. I also doubt that is Wilder's best effort he has in him. All that stuff is baked in though as we will eventually see him lose but who knows how far he goes.
            Last edited by The Gambler1981; 06-22-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X