• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this guy talking about Kid McCoy's corkscrew punch the other day:

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      I saw this guy talking about Kid McCoy's corkscrew punch the other day:

ahh paladin press... paladin press is like when you go to a wedding, and there is that one female "cousin" of yours that all the other women talk about... she walks into the wedding with her Hell's Angel Boyfriend, with a short skirt, heels, a small tank top... They have always had interesting material that most publishers would scoff at, but which is actually good stuff! There was one guy who wrote about street Aikido lol, laugh as one might for a big strong person who is bouncing? Aikido is a great art to use, you can live off of Sankyo, to take most anyone out of a bar and not get your head punched off in the process.

yeah Kid McCoy shows that pronation was not unknown prior to the jab. Another interesting thing about corkscrewing is it is a natural braking system for a punch thrown explosively. Thats why it is used in most karate systems. Pronation/subpronation is also how our bicept actually works for us...No we are not designed to lift up from our biceps! But when we engage the arms twisting makes the bicep work with the other larger muscles groups...Just an aside.

Good find!

Comment

Sankyo. That is where you hold the man's twisted hand and can swing him like you are throwing a baseball bat away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          Sankyo. That is where you hold the man's twisted hand and can swing him like you are throwing a baseball bat away.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u71nroaAXnM

As usual: thats not only an apt description it makes great use of creative license. I don't mean to be a pr1k but this variation above... Well the main thing to keep in mind is before you even transition hands, you make sure he is on his toes and you are to his side.

While the pin is what they sort of end with, the pin is not the real thing so to speak. The technique is better explained as Shihon Nagi (four direction throw) in the root system of Aikido, AikiJutsu. You take the arm and control as though cutting with the sword. The throw is just an extension of controlling the person, or "cutting' the person as it where.

This is KOnde and even though it is a different technique the "feel" behind it is really how Sankyo would look in combat imo. No not the set up! but the feeling behind what you are doing, unbalancing and cutting into and through: shihon nage is moving in the opposite direction that is the difference in the two techniques technically, because any technique can be a throw, a lock, or a strike in the Diato Ryo systems (prior to Aikido).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcJgYKDJUw
          Last edited by billeau2; 10-09-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            I actually believe that Mayweather-style, that style of fighting, is dead.

Nobody else does it because nobody can do it as well as him.

Some have tried, like Broner and Berto, and failed miserably.
            Mayfleur gets to pick and choose which weak bums he fights.....

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u71nroaAXnM

As usual: thats not only an apt description it makes great use of creative license. I don't mean to be a pr1k but this variation above... Well the main thing to keep in mind is before you even transition hands, you make sure he is on his toes and you are to his side.

While the pin is what they sort of end with, the pin is not the real thing so to speak. The technique is better explained as Shihon Nagi (four direction throw) in the root system of Aikido, AikiJutsu. You take the arm and control as though cutting with the sword. The throw is just an extension of controlling the person, or "cutting' the person as it where.

This is KOnde and even though it is a different technique the "feel" behind it is really how Sankyo would look in combat imo. No not the set up! but the feeling behind what you are doing, unbalancing and cutting into and through: shihon nage is moving in the opposite direction that is the difference in the two techniques technically, because any technique can be a throw, a lock, or a strike in the Diato Ryo systems (prior to Aikido).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcJgYKDJUw
              AikiJutsu seems like a fascinating art. I wish there was a school near me.

Comment

AikiJutsu seems like a fascinating art. I wish there was a school near me.
                Not many schools anywhere, including Japan. It is actually a very special art IMO, and has been part of what interests me about JuJutsu.

Comment

The Blackburn Crouch.

I'm bringing it back in my pro debut though.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    ahh paladin press... paladin press is like when you go to a wedding, and there is that one female "cousin" of yours that all the other women talk about... she walks into the wedding with her Hell's Angel Boyfriend, with a short skirt, heels, a small tank top... They have always had interesting material that most publishers would scoff at, but which is actually good stuff! There was one guy who wrote about street Aikido lol, laugh as one might for a big strong person who is bouncing? Aikido is a great art to use, you can live off of Sankyo, to take most anyone out of a bar and not get your head punched off in the process.

yeah Kid McCoy shows that pronation was not unknown prior to the jab. Another interesting thing about corkscrewing is it is a natural braking system for a punch thrown explosively. Thats why it is used in most karate systems. Pronation/subpronation is also how our bicept actually works for us...No we are not designed to lift up from our biceps! But when we engage the arms twisting makes the bicep work with the other larger muscles groups...Just an aside.

Good find!
                    Apparently Paladin Press is going out of business after 47 years. They are selling all of their titles for 55% off.

If you were ever interested in anything from them now would be a good time to pick up a book or dvd.

Comment

Apparently Paladin Press is going out of business after 47 years. They are selling all of their titles for 55% off.

If you were ever interested in anything from them now would be a good time to pick up a book or dvd.
                      Thanks for the heads up thats very sad... there is a whole part of martial arts in this country that Palladen press plugged into. Those titles will always be very inexpensive but its sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X