Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG Wasn't Allowed To Throw Body Shots...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Wait, I thought he "got old" when he fought Jacobs? It's just a wild guess but maybe he couldn't pull the trigger because he was blocking the punches with his face & body??
    Maybe if Canelo wasn't on his bike for half of the fight, a lot of the shots GGG thru and missed we're uncontested.

I thought it was strange he wasn't going to the body but when the ex fighter explained what he thought was occurring it made sense to me

Comment

The man knew he'd get MURKED if he went to the body.

HE WAS SCARED OF THE COUNTERS.

He knew going to the body meant opening himself up to be countered.

You don't want to do that against a guy who had no problem hitting you with combos while you were staring straight at him.

He'd literally be sending an open invitation to get hit with something he never saw coming and Triple G is smarter than that.

And yeah, it also DID look like he couldn't pull the trigger at some instances.

Comment

[QUOTE=j.razor;18065294]Wait, I thought he "got old" when he fought Jacobs?

Meanin he's still old now?

Comment

Maybe because GGG isn't such an intelligent fighter well rounded fighter.

Without his toughness he would be on the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
            Come on man, I watched the fight with all the boxers from the gym, and this O.G. Ex fighter straight called it.

He said GGG just got old, he could see the shots but he just couldn't pull the trigger in time, and the more he missed the more he fought with his heart instead of his head.

Able if he was this great trainer should of calmed him down and had him working the body.
            i agree with everything except the last part.

abel did tell him not to focus too much up top. i forgot which round but it was anywhere from rounds 5-7. at the corner abel told ggg stop going up top its too early for that.

im one of the few, but i thought abel did every thing right. even after the first round when canelo's trainer told canelo to throw the uppercut in the next round then the camera points to ggg's corner and abel was thinking the same thing. he told ggg to watch out for the uppercut in the next round because they're gonna throw it in this round.

Comment

I was also surprised he didnt throw more body shots. Canelo has Stamina issues and was moving alot. Instead of complaining about "not Mexican style" GGG should have went to the body & slowed Canelo down. He obviously didnt want to get countered with that mean uppercut which is understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                Come on man, I watched the fight with all the boxers from the gym, and this O.G. Ex fighter straight called it.

He said GGG just got old, he could see the shots but he just couldn't pull the trigger in time, and the more he missed the more he fought with his heart instead of his head.

Able if he was this great trainer should of calmed him down and had him working the body.
                How many exchamps and what record do all your fighters have,GGG I dont thinki looked old and took canelos best shots,once again,98 % of the people had him winning the fight.

Comment

TO THE CANELO MOVED A LOT CROWD

Okay Canelo moved. but he got MOVED RIGHT INTO THE ROPES. holy crap, what fight are you watching? Was he moving like Danny Jacobs who was only on the ropes for seconds?

NO Canelo moved right into the ropes and spent half the rounds there.

Golovkin is literally shooting jabs on Canelo and that looping overhand right over and over. EVEN when he's popping canelo's head back agains the ropes. Normally like against Kell Brook, he would just come in straight after the jab with his head down and dig 2-3 shots to the body.

He did not do that. at all.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    TO THE CANELO MOVED A LOT CROWD

Okay Canelo moved. but he got MOVED RIGHT INTO THE ROPES. holy crap, what fight are you watching? Was he moving like Danny Jacobs who was only on the ropes for seconds?

NO Canelo moved right into the ropes and spent half the rounds there.

Golovkin is literally shooting jabs on Canelo and that looping overhand right over and over. EVEN when he's popping canelo's head back agains the ropes. Normally like against Kell Brook, he would just come in straight after the jab with his head down and dig 2-3 shots to the body.

He did not do that. at all.

Because GGG missed most of the shots on the ropes, or didn't land clean

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      The man knew he'd get MURKED if he went to the body.

HE WAS SCARED OF THE COUNTERS.

He knew going to the body meant opening himself up to be countered.

You don't want to do that against a guy who had no problem hitting you with combos while you were staring straight at him.

He'd literally be sending an open invitation to get hit with something he never saw coming and Triple G is smarter than that.

And yeah, it also DID look like he couldn't pull the trigger at some instances.

Listen STupid punk, read the OP then come back.

GGG was so scared he was running after Canelo. Please just go kill yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X