Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body stats for reach what should they be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body stats for reach what should they be?

What's the average reach for each height?

What's classed as a short reach and a long reach for said heights?

Do you think a boxers reach should determine how they box, for example long reach guys boxing on the outside using range and short reach guys boxing on the inside?

I'm 5 foot 10 with 71'' reach and always thought I had short arms and I've never done well on the outside but that might have something to do with my skill level aswell haha. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by Justchris17 View Post
    What's the average reach for each height?

What's classed as a short reach and a long reach for said heights?

Do you think a boxers reach should determine how they box, for example long reach guys boxing on the outside using range and short reach guys boxing on the inside?

I'm 5 foot 10 with 71'' reach and always thought I had short arms and I've never done well on the outside but that might have something to do with my skill level aswell haha. Any input on this would be much appreciated.
    +

Reach is an idicator as to what type of style might suit you.
    But then again, if you neither got extremely long arms nor extremely short arms, your reach should not predetermine what
    style you take on.

As you stated you lack experience. You'll eventually develope your style after a couple of years.

Comment

Easy way to tell if you have long reach/arms for your size

Give or take an inch you everyone is the same length (head to heel) as your wingspan (stand straight arms out at 90 degree, make a fist, knuckle of left all along arm, across shoulder blades down right arm to knuckle of right) if you are:

1&1/2"+ inches in wingspan longer than height, you have a long reach for your size
      -1&1/2" throught to +1&1/2" you are average
      anything that is -1&1/2 under your height and you are a T-Rex

you are 5'10" (or 70inches tall) and your reach is 71" therefore average leaning on the long reach side of average

Comment

Working...
      X