No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Gamboa (Allegedly) Neither 1st Nor Last

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
    hitters i would say i'm about 50/50 on too....

and the reasons why i'm skeptical is cuz bonds was hitting almost 50 home runs a year at 180 pounds almost 10 years before the steroid allegations following a 73 hr season.

steroids will not improve the keen hand eye coordination you need to have to hit home runs. But i will agree that when you have more muscle behind a 90mph swing, it'll definetely help.

Manny remirez was hitting a ton of hr also, and he got suspended for taking estrogen lol
    You realize why steroid users take hcg post cycle right?

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      I'm disgusted by Gamboa's actions.
      I am too....

Comment

Talking about steroids in Baseball. Whoever said that steroids do not help you with your hand-eye coordination, you're right. What steroids do is that gives you more strength, and a supernatural stamina. MLB's season is a long one (162 games), and PED's give you an advantage over the rest of non-users because gives you more stamina and energy to withstand the long season, so, when non-users start to fatigue during the season, PED users stand at a higher level for longer amounts of time, enabling them to be more consistent on their production and there's less risks of injury. In other words, that's why it is considered to cheat! PED's in boxing, allow you to train at a higher level, so when fight night comes, you could fight consistently at a higher level for longer periods of time, depending on the fighter. And that's considered CHEATING. And for those who are talking about the old Baseball players and Boxers, that didn't need to use PED's to go along their careers, we don't know for sure what way they went to cheat, if somebody did at that period. Cheaters have existed ever since there's human life at planet Earth, so don't be a naive person when talking about this situation...

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          You realize why steroid users take hcg post cycle right?
          I'm sure he doesn't know that estrogen get testosterone levels down...

Comment

Gamboa

Gamboa is getting old. I wonder if he will ever make the big money?.

Comment

FL , it seems, is THE state to go4 what you need...wonder how accurate & stringent the FL box commish is in their testing even though there are no big fights there. from what I read the Exec Director is a woman w/no boxing experience...

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                If Pac is cool and dont have to admit anything then Gamboa is cool too.
                The end justifies the means.
                Except that gamboa is 20 pounds lighter than pacquaio on fight night and looks at least 40 pounds heavier..so explain to me how pacquaio looks like he's on roids in anyway shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Except that gamboa is 20 pounds lighter than pacquaio on fight night and looks at least 40 pounds heavier..so explain to me how pacquaio looks like he's on roids in anyway shape or form.
                  Gamboa weighed 148 against Farrenas, Pacquiao weighed 151 against Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    How old are you..?

Did Lance Armstrong look muscular?

Muscles dont prove crap?....its a PERFORMANCE ENHANCER! not a muscle maker or a heavy maker.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                      How old are you..?

Did Lance Armstrong look muscular?

Muscles dont prove crap?....its a PERFORMANCE ENHANCER! not a muscle maker or a heavy maker.
                      I'm not getting into the childish antics you wish to iniate..my age has nothing to do with my knowledge of these drugs..I have said it time and time again here..I am a retired cyclist..I know about PED's first hand. Now onto the subject at hand..nobody accused manny of ped's based on his stamina..which is what lance was accused of. In addition lance burned about 10k to 12k in calories a day due to his training regiment. Most PED's have a side effect of water retention. Now again comparing lance's spectacular results from doping to manny's is inappropriate they would've been using different drugs for different outcomes. The number one reason ppl suspected pacquaio was via his power to knock people out...you think lance with all his drugs could've turned into a fighter because of it? NOPE! So please if you are going to debate my point and my merits at least do so with a proper comparison. One thing I will say is every athlete ever busted for doping in boxing has had an insane physique which i'm sorry but anyone who has shown up to a manny pacquaio press conference or has seen him at an appearance can tell this guy is even small for his height so no I do not believe he has doped..others in the sport who proclaim their cleanliness I most definitely do. Hell I think Bradley is a doper personally...

Comment

Working...
                      X