No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach picking Andre Ward to beat Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach picking Andre Ward to beat Carl Froch

''You know, I picked Andre (Ward) to win that tournament from the beginning," he said.

"He’s a very great boxer. I think he’s a much better boxer than given credit for.

"Froch has really looked good though. He's game and he comes to fight. I think it’s a very good fight, but I picked Ward to be the winner of that tournament and I still stand by that."

http://www.crunchsports.com/category...-201110280023/

Smart guy that Freddie Roach.

Ward has everything it takes to take the p4p crown from Pac and Mayweather.

When Roach says he's a better boxer than he's given credit for I have to agree even considering most people have given him quite a bit of credit already. I see him as being similar to Mayweather in that he will fight to the level of his competition in the sense that he is only concerned with doing what he has to win. This means he doesn't take too many risks and isn't concerned with engaging in "exciting" fights just for the sake of saying he did.

If Ward is to be a great fighter then this upcoming fight with Froch is going to go a long way towards showing that potential. Froch is going to come to fight and I expect him to push Ward farther than any previos opponent has.

Froch has a great chin, but he was also stunned by a single shot by Dirrell and put down by Taylor so it's not out of the realm that Ward lands a couple shots Froch doesn't see coming and finishes him off in style. I expect more of a 8-4 or 9-3 round scoring in favor of Ward, but a KO would really make an emphatic statement to the fans and other fighters.

Comment

He should win.

I don't know how Froch wins unless Ward just wilts but he seems as tough as old boots.

Comment

An American picking another American to win in America because all of his fights are in his Backyard. with American judges?

Color me SHOCKED!!!!

Comment

Ward is pretty much everybody's choice against Froch. Even if he'll win the Super Six tournament, I don't think he can win against Lucian Bute. For me, that will be the ultimate test for Ward. Until that match will happen, I'll be more cautious regarding his qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            Smart guy that Freddie Roach.

Ward has everything it takes to take the p4p crown from Pac and Mayweather.

When Roach says he's a better boxer than he's given credit for I have to agree even considering most people have given him quite a bit of credit already. I see him as being similar to Mayweather in that he will fight to the level of his competition in the sense that he is only concerned with doing what he has to win. This means he doesn't take too many risks and isn't concerned with engaging in "exciting" fights just for the sake of saying he did.

If Ward is to be a great fighter then this upcoming fight with Froch is going to go a long way towards showing that potential. Froch is going to come to fight and I expect him to push Ward farther than any previos opponent has.

Froch has a great chin, but he was also stunned by a single shot by Dirrell and put down by Taylor so it's not out of the realm that Ward lands a couple shots Froch doesn't see coming and finishes him off in style. I expect more of a 8-4 or 9-3 round scoring in favor of Ward, but a KO would really make an emphatic statement to the fans and other fighters.
            except dirrell is actually a puncher and taylor is too
            so i think it very much is outside the realm and would be a huge shocker

Comment

Ward just does everything better than Froch.

Comment

I got Ward taking this one too. He's just technically superior imo.

Comment

I agree with Freddie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                    except dirrell is actually a puncher and taylor is too
                    so i think it very much is outside the realm and would be a huge shocker

Dirrell a puncher? you high?

Ward wins a very lopsided fight and punishes Carl for his cockiness. Saying this I think that Froch is a champion level guy just a bad match up for him.

I would love to see Froch vs Bute, I think Froch breaks Bute down and KO's him late

Comment

Working...
                    X