Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ike Quartey vs Mosley and Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosely wins because Quartey struggled with guys that Mosely beat, Ike would beat Cotto though.

Comment

Quartey UD over Cotto easily. Quarteys jab was a thing of beauty in his prime.

Mosley speed helps him get around Quarteys jab and Quartey is vunerable to the left hook just as he jabs (DLH dropped him twice with it) Mosley wins a SD it's a pick em fight.

Comment

Early-mid 90's Ike Quartey beats both. He probably stops Cotto at some point with an accumulation of punishment and he edges Mosley in a decision. I can see Shane pawing with the jab w/ little success, blasting away at the high guard when he had opportunities and moving effectively. I think the jab and chopping right hands would take their toll on Shane though. Ike landing clean effective shots over the course of the fight would frustrate Shane.

I don't see any way Cotto beats a prime Quartey. Just wouldn't happen. Too big, too strong and too good for Cotto.

Comment

Both are pickem fights.

Only great permormance Quartey had was against DLH(Wich I think he won) and he let Oscar whooped him in the last round.

Quartey is similar to Clottey, decent power, great jab, fast hands and tight guard.

But Low punch out put poor stamina and bad judement during fights.

People need to stop basing who will beat who because of just one fight.

Bith fight he can win, bith he can lose!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            Both are pickem fights.

Only great permormance Quartey had was against DLH(Wich I think he won) and he let Oscar whooped him in the last round.

Quartey is similar to Clottey, decent power, great jab, fast hands and tight guard.

Ike was out for two years when he fought oscar. Watch the Ike that fought Oba Carr. IMO he beats Cotto and Mosley.

Ike had KO power, and his jab would mutilate fools. He had Oscars nose leaking from jabs in round one. He also came back after like a 4 year layoff, and put the beats on Forrest and got robbed blind that time.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              Ike was out for two years when he fought oscar. Watch the Ike that fought Oba Carr. IMO he beats Cotto and Mosley.
              I dont say he cant beat them, he definetly could of, but he can lose to them too.

He was incosistant with his performances.

Dudee was a very good boxer no doubt!!!!!!!

Comment

Mosley didnt have problems with technical fighters,it's the big strong fighters that bothered him Forrest & Winky were way bigger than him!!I agree with Mangler Ike abuses Cotto because he had a great jab and very physically strong,Mosley had all the right stuff in his prime,by the way for those who don't know,the Mosley that beat DLH at 147 ko's Cotto,true story!!

Comment

Originally posted by cruzan mario View Post
                  Mosley didnt have problems with technical fighters,it's the big strong fighters that bothered him Forrest & Winky were way bigger than him!!I agree with Mangler Ike abuses Cotto because he had a great jab and very physically strong,Mosley had all the right stuff in his prime,by the way for those who don't know,the Mosley that beat DLH at 147 ko's Cotto,true story!!
                  Cotto is not bigger than Mosley and he schooled the Sugar boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                    Both are pickem fights.

Quartey deserved the decision easily against Forrest. His fight against Philips was a good one (both Verno and Vince) and his fight against Espana was a good showing.

He has more than one great performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Knocks View Post
                      Cotto is not bigger than Mosley and he schooled the Sugar boy.
                      Hardly schooled him, he won a close decision against a past prime Shane.

A prime Mosley knocks him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X