Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Flanagan: I Don't Give a F*** About Crolla, I Want a Unification!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Flanagan: I Don't Give a F*** About Crolla, I Want a Unification!

The period of frustration in Terry Flanagan's career continues... The WBO Lightweight champion, who may return in December but is still waiting on a confirmed date, is desperate for a unification fight to take place between himself and Jorge Linares. Unbeaten Flanagan (33-0, 13 KOs) is hopeful that a fight between himself and the WBA champion may happen by the end of the year or early in 2018, however the 28-year-old Mancunian has reached a point where is getting fed up with the big fights not happening for him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can he fight me? I'm about 50 pounds and 6 inches taller but I ain't On peds doe

Comment

Mikey Garcia better hurry up and make a deal with Linares cause if not Linares is gonna be fighting Flanagan to unify...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        Can he fight me? I'm about 50 pounds and 6 inches taller but I ain't On peds doe
        But are you on D.O.P.E though? 😂😂

Comment

If anybody who is frustrated it is us the fans at first, i thought he was going to tear throught the lightweights then he just fizzled out and is the next Billy Joe Saunders. He fought a ****** and could not knock him out clean says it all

Comment

I do think they missed a trick not making Flanagan/Crolla. It would of been worthwhile Hearn and Warren working together.

At the time both had titles, both from Manchester. Manchester stadium.
            The football rivalry was there, Crolla's Man Uited fans Vs Flannagan's Man City fans. It ticked boxes domestically.

Comment

Translation : I'm ready to cash out vs. a foreigner whos going to expose my UK bum ass.

Comment

I don't think Frank Warren can offer the money these opponents really want.

I doubt they can afford Mikey Garcia. It is whether Mikey wants to pick up another belt. It would be great to see Mikey over here though, I'd go. He is a class act and tremendous fighter.

It is good that we have had some the real top Americans fight over here recently: Crawford, Spence, and Gervonta Davis, and then other superstars like GGG and Klitschko. I remember a time when we were genuinely startled that Kostya Tszyu would fight over here. I think these foreign fighters are getting treated well and paid accordingly, and I can't remember a robbery off the top of my head.

It is good for the sport and increases the options of top fights being made down the line. I still don't think James Degale should have been fighting in high-school gyms in America or wherever he was in his recent fights even if he did get paid well. There has got to be an acceptance that sometimes the UK is preferable to the US in some instances.

Flanagan is right to be frustrated though. That Crolla fight was on his doorstep when they both had World titles. Would have been a historic fight for Manchester. Linares would have beat the winner, but still. Missed opportunity for the fighters with boxing politics obviously getting in the way. Although Frank did make an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                  I do think they missed a trick not making Flanagan/Crolla. It would of been worthwhile Hearn and Warren working together.

The football rivalry was there, Crolla's Man Uited fans Vs Flannagan's Man City fans. It ticked boxes domestically.
                  Yeah, notice we posted the same thing.

A couple of million quid in both fighters pockets. It does make you understand why some fighters just decide to be free agents.

George Groves has it right really. He isn't bound by any broadcaster and just floats around Sky Sports, Channel 5, ITV. He's a clever fella. He has that name value and is exploiting it.

Degale was dictated too and had some rough fights in front of about 12 people but he was paid well. But long term I'd imagine if he stayed over here I think he would have had a PPV fight by now and would be closing in on another.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

Agreed. They even went to school together it was the perfect story but they messed it up

Comment

Working...
                    X