Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do the soviet bloc boxers usually have better jabs than American boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I'm not a fan of his style either he does however have a great, very educated jab even if he was outjabbed by Kovalev. You can't take that away from him.
    And Kostya Tszyu as fun as he was too watch isn't somebody I at least remember for having a great jab personally.

If we're too look at the best jabbers throughout history America has easily produced most of the top 10 maybe more in the top 100 than all other countries combined.
    No known human being in history of this planet ever had a better jab than Wladimir Klitschko. Absolutely nobody!

When the boxers from Soviet Bloc started competing against American boxers, the Soviet boxers usually had the superior jab head to head against each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
      Against Wladimir Klitschko's jab, inside fighting, head movement, adjustments, adaptability, body work, counter punching and changing looks is practically useless and pointless. It is HUMANLY IMPOSSIBLE to get past a peak Wladimir Klitschko's jab. Especially if one is shorter than 6 feet 4 inches in height.

In other words, Wladimir Klitschko's jab alone >>>>>>> body punching, adaptability, counter punching, look changing, inside fighting and etc. of boxers like Floyd Mayweather Jr and Andre Ward.

Sergey Kovalev is one of the worst out of the Soviet Bloc bunch. Yet, he still had a far superior jab to Andre Ward.

Oleksandr Usyk is anything but robotic. He is the closest thing to Vasyl Lomachenko stylistically. Both very similar boxers.
      OK, why did his jab fail against a guy his size? Didn't Tyson Fury use unpredictable movement, counterpunching, and feinting to beat Vlad? And don't say he was old because a jab doesn't disappear with age.. just look at GGG @35 and how Vlad did against Joshua..

Comment

I have and unfortunately, none of them have jabs that are / where anywhere near as good as the jabs of Wladimir Klitschko or Gennady Golovkin.

Furthermore, they're (American's) jabs are weak, feather-fisted looking punches. On the other hand, the Soviet Bloc boxers can actually jab with power.

They outjabbed the greatest of jabbers what great jabber did Wladimir or GGG ever outjab? Wladimir was getting outjabbed by Pulev he was also outjabbed by Fury and even possibly Joshua
        Everytime he fought someone with a decent jab he was outjabbed.
        Holmes, Ali and the likes were far more versatile with their jabs

Liston, Foreman are among the hardest jabbers in boxing history I believe the latter even knocked out and certainly knocked down a bag of opponents with the jab.

Comment

No known human being in history of this planet ever had a better jab than Wladimir Klitschko. Absolutely nobody!

When the boxers from Soviet Bloc started competing against American boxers, the Soviet boxers usually had the superior jab head to head against each other.

Yet he was outjabbed by Pulev, Tyson Fury and maybe even Joshua. None of which will be remembered as a great jabber.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            There are plenty of great active american fighters. As a russian having grown up and living in Canada, I admit to be biased towards eastern euro fighters, but I appreciate great talent from any country when I see it.

That being said, Ward’s jab & clinch tactics that he used throughout his career is pathetic and disgusting to watch.

Kovalev clinched Ward over 70+ times in their first fight, so doesnt that make Kitty pathetic and disgusting, just the facts and you still see it another way, I WONDER WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
              Kovalev clinched Ward over 70+ times in their first fight, so doesnt that make Kitty pathetic and disgusting, just the facts and you still see it another way, I WONDER WHY?
              Go back and see who was initiating 90% of the clinches.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Heard of Larry Holmes? Ali, Mayweather Jr, Tommy Hearns, Andre Ward, Sonny Liston etc etc
                Tommy Hearns was one of the scariest jab player MOFO in boxing.

Comment

Not necessarily true..
                  Larry Holmes, Liston, Ali had really good jabs.. Lennox Lewis too..

Comment

For example, boxers like Wladimir Klitschko, Sergey Kovalev, Gennady Golovkin, Kostya Tszyu and etc. They all have superior jabs than pretty much any American boxer. Wladimir Klitschko's jab alone is better than the jab of any American boxer in history.

Yet, somehow American boxers are supposedly superior 'skilled' boxers or 'technicians'? Isn't the jab one of the most important foundation to being a 'skilled' boxer or a 'technician'?
                    Pretty sure Floyd Mayweather, Errol Spence, Andre Ward, and Jermall Charlo each have better jabs than all of those fools combined.

Comment

I have and unfortunately, none of them have jabs that are / where anywhere near as good as the jabs of Wladimir Klitschko or Gennady Golovkin.

Furthermore, they're (American's) jabs are weak, feather-fisted looking punches. On the other hand, the Soviet Bloc boxers can actually jab with power.
                      Is that why Charlo has the highest number of jab knock downs in the sport?

Is that why Spence caved Brook's eye socket in with his jab alone?

Coz Americans have weak pathetic jabs?

Comment

Working...
                      X