New Interview: Leonard Ellerbe "Top Rank has been lying to the public"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
    i dont think the fight did over a milly
    Pacquiao made $6 million for the Mosley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      You know whats awesome about cash cow? He thinks fight hype is a legitimate source for boxingnews lol!!!!

It's a glorified blog for fuk sake!
      Its a legit Interview, you can have a problem with opinion pieces involving fighthype of any site for that matter all you want. But not with something like this.

Comment

ESPN the largest sportsnetwork in the world reports false numbers according to cash cow LOL!

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6645782
        Are you the type to see a headline and run with it? Why don't you learn how to read? The article states that Bob Arum told ESPN this. Not Showtime. BTW, ESPN is the largest sports network in the world, not the company hired to tabulate pay-per-view sales.

Comment

ESPN the largest sportsnetwork in the world reports false numbers according to cash cow LOL!

Pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao's lopsided decision victory against Shane Mosley on May 7 generated more than 1.3 million pay-per-view buys -- Pacquiao's best box office performance yet -- Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com.

Again like Ellerbe said on that Blog Site....SHOWTIME hasnt released any info regarding the PPV for this fight. Kinda like how HBO does...

Comment

I can already tell Pistol whip is some moron from the UG or Sherdog.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              No one in this world is an honest angel. We're discussing one issue here, not their standing under God.

Agreed so why try and make this into a which promoters is the bigger liar contest? All promoters are liars!!!!

Comment

You know whats awesome about cash cow? He thinks fight hype is a legitimate source for boxingnews lol!!!!

It's a glorified blog for fuk sake!
                says the guy who sent me an article from ESPN...

Fight Hype boxing news > ESPN

thanks for getting us

Comment

Agreed so why try and make this into a which promoters is the bigger liar contest? All promoters are liars!!!!
                  That's true but again you're just making a general statement. We are discussing this issue and as it relates to this issue, what you're saying here is that the promoter in question is...lying.

Comment

dude....kill yourself man....

Comment

"We know we have a little over 1.3 million," Arum said. "What we don't have are some of the smaller cable systems. What I'm saying is I know we go to the bank counting a little over a 1.3 million. I know we'll go up from there. How much up, I have no experience in this. This was all done for us in the past by HBO, which had experience, charts and all kinds of data from past fights to compare the fight to. Showtime can't do it because they haven't done this in so long. They don't have the database that you need, but I'm feeling very, very happy because I know I've done at least 1.3 million.

"How far over we are remains to be seen, and I have no way to make a prediction. Obviously, on the outstanding systems we did something. So that will determine how much above 1.3 million. But I don't think we have enough outstanding numbers to say we will be over 1.4 million, so I think we will wind up somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 million."

This is what Arum says the numbers are, and might even be more. Official numbers have been yet to be released.

Comment

Working...
                      X