Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we be objective about Fury, Wilder, and Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Heavyweight division is not in a golden era skills wise but it is highly competitive and thats what really matters. These guys are not clueless morons they carry skills and talents so its not painful to watch but the competitiveness makes it such an entertaining division. And to be fair the HW division has always been given some leeway cuz they are the biggest and hit the hardest and look the most formidable.

Personally im very happy with the Heavyweight division at the moment, look across the forums and even if the real talent and skills are to be found in the lower divisions its still the Heavies that are getting the bulk of the threads. its the 100 meter dash of the Boxing world, its the Formula 1 of the Boxing world. Its just the division that gets the most hype, always has always will.

Comment

I'm going to be candid and honest.

Wilder: he's a bum who got to where he's because he has been well matched against bums that would make his only trick (big right hand) look better than it's. He has zero boxing skills, terrible chin and does everything wrong including how he set up his only weapon. But if he catches you clean with that one-trick, that might be the end.

Fury: he's not a very good boxer and has been well matched through his career. Fury's biggest asset is his height/reach and he knows how to use it. And it's the nucleus of his style, hence he never follows through with his punches and also why he punches like girl. Once you can neutralise Fury's height/reach and get to the midrange/inside and you've a good left hook - you can take him out.

Anthony Joshua: his biggest problem is that he gasses quickly due to the unnecessary muscle mass he carries around like an idiot. He's also bang average when fighting on the backfoot. And he tends to get carried away hence he always get caught with the left hook. Apart from that, he's the most talented out of three and whenever he lets his hands go - he's a thing of beauty to watch with those swift combinations.

But I'd say, this is the best era of boxing since the 90s because all the top 5 guys have flaws, thus making the HW really interesting. And there's no top guy, hence they all have to fight one another and whoever is standing at the end is the king/ATG.

All the boxers of the past also had flaws but they all got better in their early to mid-30s. I think AJ and the likes of Dillian Whyte, Hunter, Ruiz and Usyk would make the division fun in the next two years as they reach their prime. Wilder is done and he can't improve. And I doubt Fury will ever be the same after those cuts. |

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
        In that neither one of these guys are really that good. I see fans of these 3 going at each other every day like either one of these guys are great fighters. Joshua is the best combination puncher of the 3. Wilder is the most powerful. Fury is the craziest and neither of them have defense to brag about.
        Pretty reasonable assessment

AJ has good power and combos but suspect chin and gas tank and easy to hit

Wilder has extreme power and a good gas tank and decent chin but poor technique and is wreckless, easy to hit

Fury has good movement and reasonable gas tank but no power and is an utter bore to watch

Comment

bump. i told everyone I would never be shocked when Wilder loses and loses badly

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
            In that neither one of these guys are really that good. I see fans of these 3 going at each other every day like either one of these guys are great fighters. Joshua is the best combination puncher of the 3. Wilder is the most powerful. Fury is the craziest and neither of them have defense to brag about.
            Lol now you want to be objective? Haha.

Comment

Come the end of their careers all 3 will be HOF so put some respek on their names.

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
                Lol now you want to be objective? Haha.
                I think you may need to check the date on this thread

Comment

bump again. I been telling everyone these guys are ****.

Comment

5 years later. What does everyone think now?

Comment

Ngannou did tremendously better than Wilder, if you want to be objective.

Comment

Working...
                      X