No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn No Longer in the GRJ Sweepstakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Dude gets paid regardless. I can't see him signing a three or four fight deal though. This isn't a man that will want to get pressured to fight more than he wants.

Either he gets Warrington or Valdez next or passes on TR. More likely he probably fights LSC or Tank next. If he can't get either then he TR becomes a bigger possibility IMO.
    i don’t think he can get tank or LSC. I mean they’ve had years (especially for LSC) and can’t put the fight together. I don’t think Leo’s dad wants that fight.

GRJ is making like 1 to 1.2 mil a fight. He isn’t making more than Valdez. He’s getting about the same and wasting his prime earning years to bank wealth.

He may agree to a 3-4 fight deal because he knows his prime is almost over plus he would be a big favorite over warrington and Valdez and a favorite over Berchelt.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      i don’t think he can get tank or LSC. I mean they’ve had years (especially for LSC) and can’t put the fight together. I don’t think Leo’s dad wants that fight.

GRJ is making like 1 to 1.2 mil a fight. He isn’t making more than Valdez. He’s getting about the same and wasting his prime earning years to bank wealth.

He may agree to a 3-4 fight deal because he knows his prime is almost over plus he would be a big favorite over warrington and Valdez and a favorite over Berchelt.
      When you say "wasting" that is all on him. And it's not going to change. No one has stopped him from fighting more than himself.

I mean if the Leo fight doesn't happen, he can certainly get the Tank fight. Who else is Tank going to fight? Gamboa vs Martinez winner? A showdown with Tank would be big in the DC area. And that's a fight Tank would be a solid favorite in.

But Leo needs to man up here. LIS, GRJ shamed both Leo and Haymon after his last fight leaving no doubt he wants the fight. If it doesn't happen, it won't be his fault…. Unless he is pricing himself out.

Comment

GRJ is happy taking easy fights and more money than that fight generates off of Haymon. Why would he go to Hearn and be tested against good opposition even if it is for more money than Haymon pays. Dont know about Garcia but he knows hes being used as nothing more than a stepping stone to Haymons prize fighters even if he is better than them all.

Comment

When you say "wasting" that is all on him. And it's not going to change. No one has stopped him from fighting more than himself.

I mean if the Leo fight doesn't happen, he can certainly get the Tank fight. Who else is Tank going to fight? Gamboa vs Martinez winner? A showdown with Tank would be big in the DC area. And that's a fight Tank would be a solid favorite in.

But Leo needs to man up here. LIS, GRJ shamed both Leo and Haymon after his last fight leaving no doubt he wants the fight. If it doesn't happen, it won't be his fault…. Unless he is pricing himself out.
          I’m not blaming Haymon for his inactivity. It’s all on himself.

lol at he can certainly get a tank fight. Have u seen who tank has been fighting? Lol.

Plus tank won’t be at 130 very much longer. He can move to 135 and fight some more bums.

Comment

I’m not blaming Haymon for his inactivity. It’s all on himself.

lol at he can certainly get a tank fight. Have u seen who tank has been fighting? Lol.

Plus tank won’t be at 130 very much longer. He can move to 135 and fight some more bums.
            Why couldn't he get Tank? Who on Tank's stable at 130 has he avoided? He didn't want no part of Lomachenko, but I hope you're not implying GRJ is Lomachenko level lol.

That fight certainly can happen. In fact, if the Leo fight doesn't take place for GRJ, that is the fight both guys should target.

Comment

Why couldn't he get Tank? Who on Tank's stable at 130 has he avoided? He didn't want no part of Lomachenko, but I hope you're not implying GRJ is Lomachenko level lol.

That fight certainly can happen. In fact, if the Leo fight doesn't take place for GRJ, that is the fight both guys should target.
              can happen yes. You said likely. I don’t think it’s close to “likely”

Haymon couldn’t deliver LSC Mares it Frampton when he had him for GRJ over the past 5 years. So why would I think anyone is likely?

As for Davis, look how Floy is protecting him. He’s all they got.

Comment

can happen yes. You said likely. I don’t think it’s close to “likely”

Haymon couldn’t deliver LSC Mares it Frampton when he had him for GRJ over the past 5 years. So why would I think anyone is likely?

As for Davis, look how Floy is protecting him. He’s all they got.
                Floyd isn't protecting him from GRJ lol. Come on now, he's been protected from one fighter and that's Lomachenko. They just don't want to send Tank to DAZN for Farmer, but that's a fight they aren't turning down either if they can get it to SHO.

Let's not get it twisted with Tank. Acted like a hoe towards Lomachenko, but he smacked Pedraza when he was like 21 or 22 years old. Dude can fight and would be the favorite over GRJ or Famrer or LSC etc.

As for GRJ couldn't get Mares, Frampton or LSC? Sure, but that was also because the other three had other options. They could have kept fighting each other. Different case here. If GRJ can't get LSC, who does he fight? If Tank doesn't fight Farmer, who does he fight?

Comment

GRJ is such an enigma. It is just like he just goes at his own pace and doesn't give a fvkk what anyone thinks. He doesn't live lavishly and because of that probably has more money in the bank of someone like Broner, who has taken in much larger purses.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    GRJ is such an enigma. It is just like he just goes at his own pace and doesn't give a fvkk what anyone thinks. He doesn't live lavishly and because of that probably has more money in the bank of someone like Broner, who has taken in much larger purses.
                    And at times his fights are pretty much one pace as well. Definitely seems like a smart guy that has saved his money, but could have done more with his career.

Comment

Not surprised. No one wants to f#ck with the guy who only wants to fight once a year. Bet Haymon is even like w/e with this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X