Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn doesn't allow bids on AJ fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fairness which promoter with a name guy goes to purse bids very often? Its a rarity.

These are the criticisms of Eddie that make no mfing sense & is just hater type sh^t. There are plenty of legit things to be critical of Eddie on. The fact he doesn't take his biggest names to purse bid fights isn't one of them.

How many purse bids did Canelo have in his probably 4 times as many big fights career as Joshua has had? How many Spence purse bids have we had? No one wants their big name to potentially go off their platform which is what a legit purse bid could lead to.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      In fairness which promoter with a name guy goes to purse bids very often? Its a rarity.

These are the criticisms of Eddie that make no mfing sense & is just hater type sh^t. There are plenty of legit things to be critical of Eddie on. The fact he doesn't take his biggest names to purse bid fights isn't one of them.

How many purse bids did Canelo have in his probably 4 times as many big fights career as Joshua has had? How many Spence purse bids have we had? No one wants their big name to potentially go off their platform which is what a legit purse bid could lead to.
      Again, nothing to do with purse bids. Read my post from the first page to see what Espinoza is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        He said Whyte is the only one forcing Hearn to take open bids to maximize his earnings.

Espinoza also talks about the Wilder/Ortiz being done and Fury is not next like Hearn claimed.

haymon doesn’t allow bids on wilder or Spence fights. Top rank doesn’t allow bids on crawford fights. Golden boy doesn’t allow bids on Canelo fights. What’s the point ?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Again, nothing to do with purse bids. Read my post from the first page to see what Espinoza is talking about.
          Well f#ck man I wish boxing worked different too. Me & Stephen should talk about making some fantasy how boxing should work game for all the hardcores maybe. I think we could brainstorm a great fake boxing world fans would love to pretend actually existed.

But yea I agree boxing shouldn't work how it currently works in that way & a million others.

Comment

Espinoza is just salty AF because Haymon took the Pac thurman ppv from him and wilder fury 2 will be fox and espn. He’s just saying this ish because he won’t be involved in any of the big fights and is powerless to change that’s.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              haymon doesn’t allow bids on wilder or Spence fights. Top rank doesn’t allow bids on crawford fights. Golden boy doesn’t allow bids on Canelo fights. What’s the point ?
              Bud is exclusive to Top Rank & ESPN. AJ isn't exclusive to DAZN. Haymon does allow promoters to bid on Spence/Wilder fights. That's why there isn't always the same promoter for every fight & they fight on more than one network.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Well f#ck man I wish boxing worked different too. Me & Stephen should talk about making some fantasy how boxing should work game for all the hardcores maybe. I think we could brainstorm a great fake boxing world fans would love to pretend actually existed.

But yea I agree boxing shouldn't work how it currently works in that way & a million others.
                Think you're looking way into this. Espinoza was asked about if they (SHO) will bid for the Joshua/Ruiz fight since it's out in the public in how Joshua's deal with DAZN works, and he just said his fights aren't really open to bids as claimed. So no, SHO will not bid for the fight. Don't think he is ticked or anything, just that he realizes the situation and Joshua's fights will be on DAZN.

Comment

Think you're looking way into this. Espinoza was asked about if they (SHO) will bid for the Joshua/Ruiz fight since it's out in the public in how Joshua's deal with DAZN works, and he just said his fights aren't really open to bids as claimed. So no, SHO will not bid for the fight. Don't think he is ticked or anything, just that he realizes the situation and Joshua's fights will be on DAZN.
                  I'm just saying who don't know that sh^t is my angle. So yea it'd be cool if things worked in a lot of different ways they do. But they don't. And thats the world we live in. So what?

The reality is Eddie/Joshua can LOOK for & REQUEST other offers now. They choose not to cuz they are looking for a 9 digit DAZN offer that no one expect DAZN is gonna offer them. That is what is going on more than anything else in the reality we actually live in.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Bud is exclusive to Top Rank & ESPN. AJ isn't exclusive to DAZN. Haymon does allow promoters to bid on Spence/Wilder fights. That's why there isn't always the same promoter for every fight & they fight on more than one network.
                    no Haymon doesn’t. Only fox and showtime. Where he has contracts.

Haymon was not involved with the DAZN talks with wilder and actually spent money out of his own pocket to prevent wilder from signing there.

How many fights has Al secured for fighters on DAZN or espn? The answer is zero. Andy Ruiz even did he got the fight himself with his manager. Haymon wasn’t involved until the last minute.

Haymon didn’t get alvarez or Beterbiev fights on espn. Yvon Michel got Rivas and Alvarez Top Rank contracts while Beterbiev’s manager got him his top rank/espn deal

Comment

So we're talking 1 fight, Joshua vs Povetkin, that DAZN had to launch with. Hardly the norm.
                      Last edited by Randall Cunning; 06-30-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X