Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did puss1 Floyd forbid McGregor from using punchers gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys have no attention span..remember he did that to maidana too

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Floyd had no respect for his power. The last time I saw Floyd have that little regard for a fighters power was a past it Sharmba Mitchell.

I have seen the clips from that sparring session and he cannot punch. MMA is a another story it's a different sport. But boxing? No power. At all. You can see it clear as day in the Mayweather fight that he has next to nothing on his punches.
      Ok, just go watch what I told you to......which clearly you haven't yet......and come back and say he has no power. The fact is that you're judging his power in boxing based on one fight against a literal all time great defensive fighter in his first fight when he didn't even land cleanly on Floyd's face with a power shot, just goes to show how bias and ignorant you are to this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        Ok, just go watch what I told you to......which clearly you haven't yet......and come back and say he has no power. The fact is that you're judging his power in boxing based on one fight against a literal all time great defensive fighter in his first fight when he didn't even land cleanly on Floyd's face with a power shot, just goes to show how bias and ignorant you are to this sport.
        I've seen the clips, he didn't hurt a shot Pauli at all.

He just doesn't have power man. We have evidence to go off. Floyd wasn't even being defensive because of how little power he had. There was literally nothing on his punches.

Comment

You answered ur own question in your title.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Complete nonsense. I like Conor but he would basically be a decent amateur at the most. I once saw an interview with a news reporter where they said they spoke to people who came up with Conor in the boxing gyms in Dublin and he was a mediocre boxer at best, which is why he made the switch to MMA.

Floyd at 40 years, two years retired, physically smaller, and fighting more wrecklessly than he ever has before still walked Conor down and stopped him. You can't go off some edited clips of a sparring match against an over the hill Paulie Malignaggi to base your opinion that Conor could be a top level boxer.
            Say what you want but Conor proved he's capable of being an elite boxer. So fkn what he had not been such a great amateur in his teens. Does that even matter? Haven't you heard of progression? There's guys who have gotten to the top of divisions without amateur experience at all. Conor has the best hands in MMA and he proved, without any doubt that he has serious boxing skills. He landed more shots on Floyd than anyone aside from Castillo for crying out loud! And if you respond and say Floyd got hit on purpose, I'll put you on ignore. That's complete nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              Say what you want but Conor proved he's capable of being an elite boxer. So fkn what he had not been such a great amateur in his teens. Does that even matter? Haven't you heard of progression? There's guys who have gotten to the top of divisions without amateur experience at all. Conor has the best hands in MMA and he proved, without any doubt that he has serious boxing skills. He landed more shots on Floyd than anyone aside from Castillo for crying out loud! And if you respond and say Floyd got hit on purpose, I'll put you on ignore. That's complete nonsense.
              This is such a blatant lie

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I've seen the clips, he didn't hurt a shot Pauli at all.

He just doesn't have power man. We have evidence to go off. Floyd wasn't even being defensive because of how little power he had. There was literally nothing on his punches.
                Wow, you never cease to amaze me. Commenting and don't even know or care to see what I'm talking about. I'll just explain it for you:

That clip shows Conor catch Paulie clean, with head gear on with a straight left and rattled his teeth out and had him jelly legged. Then Paulie comes up to Conor who hasn't a mark on his face to tell him how good he was with his face a completely obliterated, swollen, bloody mess. Conor f@cked him up bad! Without his head gear on and not using 16 oz. gloves, Paulie would have been unconscious. Let's not forget that Paulie even said he had respectable power and Paulie is known for having a solid chin. If you have a comeback for this at all.......it should be an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  This is such a blatant lie
                  No, it's literally not.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Not true. As I can recall leading up to the fight, Floyd allowed Conor to use whatever gloves he wanted, and also allowed 8oz gloves.
                    exactly............

Comment

Who the hell cares about this bullcrap fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X