Official Klitschko-Wach & Helenius-Williams RbR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom.
    Why do you hate Mariusz Wach?

Mariusz may not look pretty in the ring, but he's very strong and has never been knocked down either as a pro or during his long amateur career.
    That may be the case but let's be honest, Wach is very unproven at this point. He may go on to make noise at HW and you never know, down the line the win may become legitimate but at this stage, it's not a great fight.

Wlad has a good resume no doubt and he's wiped out most competition which means we have to see fights like Mormeck and Thompson and this one which is a shame.

Comment

If you kats don't care for this fight why y'all in dis thread postin?

In all seriousness, Wach is a much more dangerous foe than Wlads recent opponents and is actually (i think) slightly bigger than Klitschko. By all accounts Wach is training his a$$ off and is in here to win.

I think Wach will provide some tense moments for Wlad and it won't be an easy fight at all. I cant wait to see how this fight goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        This fight is now only about five weeks away. I think it will be a much more difficult fight for Wlad than the hapless Mormeck and Thompson. Wach will be there to win, not just to collect a big paycheque.

What is your prediction for this one?
        Thanks for keeping us up with the HW division.

I got Wladimir by TKO around the 8th round. I think he'll be more cautious, and gradually pick him apart, landing more flush right hands as the rounds progress.

Wach will drop from one, get up barely, and then eat a left hook and be down for the count. . .

Wouldn't be surprised if he is able to maybe hurt Wlad at some point in the fight with a huge punch.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          Thanks for keeping us up with the HW division.

I got Wladimir by TKO around the 8th round. I think he'll be more cautious, and gradually pick him apart, landing more flush right hands as the rounds progress.

Wach will drop from one, get up barely, and then eat a left hook and be down for the count. . .

Wouldn't be surprised if he is able to maybe hurt Wlad at some point in the fight with a huge punch.
          Good post. That's pretty much what I think will happen (except the stoppage a round or two later, perhaps in the 10th).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
            Why do you hate Mariusz Wach?

Mariusz may not look pretty in the ring, but he's very strong and has never been knocked down either as a pro or during his long amateur career.
            He is unskilled and slow. It will be a one-sided fight.

Comment

klitschko takes him out in the first half of the fight.

i think wach's size will be an advantage for wlad since he won't have to punch down at his opponent for a change. i've only seen 2 of wach's fights (fields and mcbride), can't say that i was all that impressed. klitschko is a HUGE step up from the competition he's been facing. from what i've seen, wach is kind of lazy with his jab and leaves it hanging out there. perfect opportunity for klitschko to smash him with the right hand

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                Let me just say this i am a Klit fan,love em...but i am not interested in this fight at all,why is this guy getting a title shot?
                Maybe it's because of pus$ies like Arreola who turned down two title shots this year.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                That may be the case but let's be honest, Wach is very unproven at this point. He may go on to make noise at HW and you never know, down the line the win may become legitimate but at this stage, it's not a great fight.

Wlad has a good resume no doubt and he's wiped out most competition which means we have to see fights like Mormeck and Thompson and this one which is a shame.
                He fought Mormeck because Fury, Pulev, Arreola, Povetkin all turned him down and Thompson was mandatory for some bogus reason. After Wach (who is slightly interesting due to his size, chin, and power) we finally have the start of a new crop ready to challenge.

Pulev wants Klychko in Sofia, Bulgaria and both brothers have always seemed willing to travel when it makes sense like the Adamek fight recently.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

In all seriousness, Wach is a much more dangerous foe than Wlads recent opponents and is actually (i think) slightly bigger than Klitschko. By all accounts Wach is training his a$$ off and is in here to win.

I think Wach will provide some tense moments for Wlad and it won't be an easy fight at all. I cant wait to see how this fight goes down.

Comment

Wach is a big fighter that is posing a much larger than than pathetic ass Thompson. This will also be Wlad's first fight without Steward in ages. I am a Klitschko fan, but haven't watched the Thompson fight in its entierty (just the KO) and didn't even bother downloading the Mormeck bout, though I was in Dusseldorf planning to go see it until it was rescheduled.

Wach is interesting though. He's big. His power is real. His reach matches Wlads. He doesn't know how to lose. I like the fight and think he's as worthy a challenger as K2 can find right now outside of David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

He's not slightly bigger, Wach is plain bigger. The man's a mountain.

Comment

Working...
                      X