No announcement yet.

Usyk will outclass AJ once he moves up to Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usyk will outclass AJ once he moves up to Heavyweight

Povetkin revealed a lot of holes in AJ's game. Good power but technically very average.AJ gets exposed by old fighters

Agreed.
    I don't expect anyone to agree but I think Bellew may actually be a more dangerous fight for Usyk than AJ.

Comment

I can definitely see that, I think he just needs two fights at HW, I would even give him a chance to do that now.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Agreed.
        I don't expect anyone to agree but I think Bellew may actually be a more dangerous fight for Usyk than AJ.
        You are NOT wrong at all.

Comment

I honestly believe he will make todays HW's look like they are walking through treacle.

Fury is the X factor if he can get back to his best. Usyk doesnt look as good when he has to close the gap, and the height/reach difference would be insane.

I would make Usyk a good favourite against Joshua and Wilder after a couple HW tune ups.

Comment

not sure. Margins for error would be very different. AJ could be outboxed and being punched all night, but Usyk would have a very narrow margin for error. One punch and it would be over. There is also a significant size difference.

Usyk is in his prime and he would have a chance, but if this fight takes 3 years to make I woudln’t give him too much chance.

Comment

Usyk fights on the outside and its hard to outjab the bigger man. A good big man will beat a good little man. I think AJ will be too big for him.

Comment

Usyk doesn't have Pedvetkin's power to gain AJ's respect, he'll just power right through him. There's also no telling how he'd react to a heavyweight's power, at least Pedvetkin has eaten many shots from heavies throughout the years.

Pedvetkin also throws looping punches around the guard, Usyk doesn't have those types of punches in his arsenal.

AJ was able to gain control by his jab and that's Usyk's main weapon, I don't see Usyk standing a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Agreed.
                  He won gold in the Olympics at heavyweight and the world championships he would out point Aj with ease

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    not sure. Margins for error would be very different. AJ could be outboxed and being punched all night, but Usyk would have a very narrow margin for error. One punch and it would be over. There is also a significant size difference.

Usyk is in his prime and he would have a chance, but if this fight takes 3 years to make I woudln’t give him too much chance.
                    Id be interested to see how hard AJ would be able to punch when his feet are confused and his opponent see's his punches much earlier. Power is nothing without timing, even if he is smaller, Usyk should be able to offset AJ's timing and have him second guessing where his target will be.

Wilder doesnt give a **** about timing, he just swings and over 12 it gives him a good chance of landing. But if Usyk keeps his composure and uses his eyes, i dont see any reason he cant see Wilders swings coming from a mile off.

Offensively im not too worried either. Sure he has some ground to make up in terms of reach, but his style allows his opponents to come to him before stepping in with combos and pivoting off to the side, he has a great control of range.

Not to say these fights arent extremely dangerous, but I would make him favourite over Wilder/Joshua after a couple HW tune ups. Fury is more difficult style match up at his best. Not sure how I picture that going

Comment

Working...
                    X