Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Eubank Jr one of the biggest waste of raw talents ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are so many wasted talents in boxing for so many different reasons. I don't think I could ever call someone who made it as far as Eubank Jr a wasted talent unless you're saying he woulda been the #1 P4P guy in the world or something if he'd been more focused.

And sh^t even then making it to the championship level & coming up short is still an insane & impressive accomplishment vs some of these cats who dropped the ball at the prospect level for one reason or another.

Comment

I don't think he has crazy high natural talent but there is something there. It is a waste though that he grew up in a boxing family but instead of getting raised on boxing technique he had a father who kept him away from it saying he didn't want him to be a boxer, then when he was in his 20s decided actually it might be worth giving it a try.

Comment

I wouldn't say wasted but with better guidance you think he could have got to a higher level quicker. He's 28 now so it's hard to see him progressing now.
        He has great physical gifts and a chin but not enough basic boxing skills to make the most of them. Maybe a good coach who got him at 18/19 could have moulded him into something special.

Comment

What a load of sht. Eubank is so special but his dad messed it up huh lol gtfo with all that.

Let’s just blame everybody else for Eubank’s shortcomings. The dad, trainer, his mom etc.

Eubank doesnt have this “ special talent “ you are speaking of.

Comment

I dont even think that is the case . I am sure i saw an interview were Snr was saying His son did not need a trainer. Because he just new what to do when Situations Arrived. Kind of like he was some sort of natural. But when you get to higher levels you cant do it all your self And being super fit wont cut it !as Eubank found out lol. For me he has so many bad habits from teaching himself . He does not have the basic Fundimentals , i cant see anyway he can change even with a good trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
              Groves said Eubank wasn’t a Super Middleweight. Bellew said the same. Jr. said the power difference with Groves and weight was apparent.

All while Triple Gee and Jacobs milked 160 for years on end, Eubank gets no respect for at least fighting competition in an class not ready for him at the elite level.

The whole thing has been over exaggerated. Groves easily coated this fight. Eubank Jr. needs a new mgmt team to know what to do when Championship adjustment is needed. Most of the blame is Eubank Sr. He has never fully committed to Jr. as a real full time trainer, only to sneak in the spotlight and pay another trainer to do filler.

If anything Eubank Jr. should’ve just stayed in Vegas and Sr. paying a premium to Mayweather Sr. for a good 5 years since 2014. Eubank Sr. just cheap and ego, never wanted his son to pass him.
              GGG is a natural born middleweight who always fought the best middleweights who were willing to fight him. he didn't milk **** and neither did Jacobs. It they milked the middleweight division then so did Hagler, Monzon and Hopkins. There is nothing wrong with staying at your correct fighting weight and fighting all worthy challengers at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                GGG is a natural born middleweight who always fought the best middleweights who were willing to fight him. he didn't milk **** and neither did Jacobs. It they milked the middleweight division then so did Hagler, Monzon and Hopkins. There is nothing wrong with staying at your correct fighting weight and fighting all worthy challengers at that weight.
                Hopkins is a super natural Alien from Planet Chitlins and Gravy, you best recognize and respect the master. I must say the alien chose a nice African American suit as a disguise knocking mofos out the ring, but every Alien got lose to every once in a while, dude’s been hoping from planet to planet like Thor and Hulk. He was bound to get knocked out the ring on his 2million bday once or twice.

Hagler was a small Middleweight, and didn’t gain lbs for fight night as the same day weighins were. Jacobs and Triple Gee however adding 15lbs for Middleweight fight night?

Comment

He's not that talented at all so no.

What he lacks in talent he makes up for in fitness and determination.

Comment

Where is the talent people talk about? He's just a tough, fitness freak who tries overwhelming fighters with volume and it only really works vs punchbags. There's no adjustments or plan B.

He's got no jab or straight right. His balance and coordination is horrible and often leaves his feet behind. His upper body movement is excessive and puts him out of position to come back with anything.
                    He's constantly caught square and frankly he's lucky he's inherited his Fathers chin. He hasn't the footwork, footspeed, feints nor head movement to close distance so is forced to lunge like a wild animal only even they don't leave their feet.

He's an overachiever if anything he has little natural ability, skills and a very poor ring IQ.
                    Its surprising to me tbh he's got that far given all that stands out is his chin, fitness and workrate.

Comment

Who is this bum?

Comment

Working...
                      X