Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why isn't their any more Italian American Boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Too busy looking good and liftin weighs bro

Oh my god why in **** would any guy want to look like that...

Comment

they've gone metrosexual and became douche bags ala jersey shore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bori Bori View Post
        What happen to the next Jakes Lamotta's or Rocky Marciano's?
        He's sitting in some prep school, on the way to some internship that would likely end up putting him solidly into middle management.

The European immigrants from the 1920's and 1930's (Irish, Italian, etc) have already been so thoroughly assimilated into America's WASP ethos that the "need to make a way out of no way" ethic no longer exists for those communities.

Nowadays, boxing's demographics where the fighters come from are still, generally speaking, the same; poor Black/White/Latin American kids and recent immigrants (for argument's sake, I'll hold to Reagan's time, a period that led to a massive influx of immigrants coming from Eastern Europe).

That young immigrant comes over, struggles along, and that immigrant's child is generally the fighter most willing to pick up boxing.

Comment

Italians came to this country with nothing and busted there asses working hard to feed the family. Everything was about family. We didn't whine we didn't complain about the English who held us back, we didn't go on welfare, we didn't take handouts, WE JUST WORKED HARD SAVED OUR MONEY AND BECAME AMERICAN. And we became American's at Ellis Island LEGALLY. WE PAID TAXES TOO. Italians then were tough as nails because life was so damn tough it made us tough.

This is where the Marciano and Graziano's evolved from. My father came from that mold and passed that on to me. I could never match him because of the the era pre and post WW2 that made him doesn't exist today. We are a stubborn passionate loving hard working people. Unfortunately we've blended into mainstream so much that not many of us exist anymore. All all that's left as poor examples are those spoiled Jersey Shore people. Not a true representation of real Italians. In addition Italians from Italy have the lowest reproduction rate and no longer move to America. During the greatest time in America, Italians ruled in all departments from boxing, to baseball, to music to movies etc. Now it's done. The country is being overuled by the new Immigrant that isn't into America and uses the system. And that's too bad for all the legit new Americans who still keep this country great.

Comment

Most italian american's are middle to upper middle class. No need to box.

Comment

Italians had there time period, just like the Jews, just like the Irish.

That's how boxing works, whatever race or country has it the worst usually excels in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Too busy looking good and liftin weighs bro

I would advice to this guy (?) to never come like this in Sicilia, he wouldnt last 2 mn

Comment

Who else is going to make pizza?

Comment

OP sees nothing wrong with this picture...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X