Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Deal With DAZN is 11 Fights, $365 Million Guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    You sound bitter that hes not gone to showtime. Fact is they overpay because this will have a knock on effect in other fighters signing.
    Think so? HBO didn't get other fighters just because Canelo was there. Now the other fighters will want a huge pay day as well to go there, and who knows if they have the budget to make another super deal.

This should get the whole of the Canelo fanbase to sign up though because they are getting 10 of his fights for cheap.

Comment

• wow, hats off to Canelo, DAZN, and GBP for making it happen.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fists_of_Fury;19200651]Am I the only person that thinks it's wrong to use Canelo to get GBP a deal for their whole roster? If I were Canelo I would make Oscar give me a % from the whole roster or a share in GBP before letting that fishnet cokehead use me.[/QUOT

Good for Canelo, he understand the meaning of friendship and comradery, and loyal to the ones who help you out, his motto always been "if you help me I'll help you" not like most kids in America once they get a little fame and fortune their ego grows ten fold, Canelo keeps it real, and he understand what Oscar does, and is doing, he is always partnering up with others, hence Hopkins, Mosley, Cotto and now Chuck Liddele, and Tito Ortiz, in his new venture.

Clearly you don't know Shït about friendship and loyalty. Oscar gets you a 365 million deal for yourself, and you still gonna try to screw him over? you probably are one of those who whishes bad karma on GBP and predicted his company would crumble within a couple of years once the massive exodus of fighters to Haymon, but here we are, they still thriving and getting this massive deals.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          DAZN just got access to the Golden Boy not just future fights but also their past library which is a sneaky good deal in itself. You have a ton of classic Canelo fights in addition to Oscar De La Hoya, Hopkins, Mosley, and Floyd Mayweather fights. People forget Floyd fights from when he fought Oscar until he fought Manny are all property of Golden Boy. Just like Top Rank owns old Oscar and Floyd fights when they were still fighting under Top Rank and put them on ESPN as part of his deal.

That means Floyd vs Hatton, Floyd vs Maidana, Floyd vs Oscar, Floyd vs Cotto, ect likely all will be on DAZN

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...5-million-dazn

The deal with Golden Boy also will give DAZN access to the roughly 7,000-hour library of Golden Boy's fights, including from De La Hoya's Hall of Fame career. Golden Boy Media and Entertainment also will produce various shoulder programs to complement the live events.

10 dollars suddenly feels like an absolute steal as a boxing fan. We can watch AJ too.

Oscar got Canelo paid and made sure his other fighters had a platform to fight on. Hate it or love it, this is an impressive move by Hearn and Oscar.

For the cost of one Canelo fight we get 8-9 months of DAZN which also includes the other biggest star in the sport, Anthony Joshua.

For 120 bucks we got all Canelo and AJ fights in the year which is itself a huge saving for us as fans..but it also includes all the other fights/fighters/shows and libraries?

On Canelo’s end...dude will only be 33 when this deal is up jesus christ. Cashnelo indeed.

Comment

• HAHAHAHA Hearn got shafted Hahahaha I love it hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
              Wonder how much DLH is getting from the deal, if the Money is guaranteed Canelo should have negotiated lower % for GBP. I'm sure Hearn would have happily promoted Canelo's fights for a flat fee.
              Clearly you did not reed the entire article, is 365 million for the Ginger man, and GBP will have their own deal separate deal with 10 fights a year. Well done for Oscar he is doing the right moves!

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                10 dollars suddenly feels like an absolute steal as a boxing fan. We can watch AJ too.

Oscar got Canelo paid and made sure his other fighters had a platform to fight on. Hate it or love it, this is an impressive move by Hearn and Oscar.

For the cost of one Canelo fight we get 8-9 months of DAZN which also includes the other biggest star in the sport, Anthony Joshua.

For 120 bucks we got all Canelo and AJ fights in the year which is itself a huge saving for us as fans..but it also includes all the other fights/fighters/shows and libraries?

On Canelo’s end...dude will only be 33 when this deal is up jesus christ. Cashnelo indeed.
                It will be a good deal if you like boxing. This will allow them to sign a lot of fighters.

But as I understand it, there will still be PPV Canelo fights. So they might have him fight 2 lower tier fighters and you'd get that for your $9.99 a month subscription, but if he has a huge fight it will still be PPV.

This was a power play, but it's a complicated deal too. There will still be PPV fees for the biggest fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
                  I am literally blown away. Look, as a boxing fan, I would say this is great. I have absolutely no clue how DAZN can do this, but I am all for it! How the heck can DAZN guarantee a fighter $365 million, without any ppvs?!?!?

I got Showtime a year and a half ago. The reason I got it was solely for the Brook-Spence fight. To me, that was a ppv worthy fight. And then with the rest of their boxing, I figured it was a great deal. And it is. Two ppv worthy fights a year make a $10 a month subscription worth it. That is like paying $60 a piece for two separate ppvs. DAZN just convinced me, that it is worth $120 a year for it too.
                  Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  That is a crazy high guarantee. I get that they dont have to pay out 365 million at once but 36 million guarantee per fight is super high. Wasnt mayweather's guarantee with showtime like 20 million?

They must be banking on atleast one super fight somewhere in the next 5 years, some of those fights they will probably lose money. Will they really generate enough revenue to pay him 36 million in his december fight? That will probably be a net loss.

Showtime probably lost money one one or two of the smaller mayweather fights like berto and guerrero and made it all back obviously with the pacqauio fight.
                  You guys need to engage your brains. DAZN are a streaming subscription sports service, they are not looking at individual shows like a network does, firstly they don't have those level of overheads. DAZN are looking at total subscriptions and overall income. This is the future, it's why Netflix got so big.

Think about it like this, a one off ppv Canelo will sell 500-700k for a lesser opponent and 900-1.5 for a well known name. Imagine that after a few fights DAZN have that as a subscriber base, they are not getting income per fight, they are getting it every month! For them Canelo is a carrot to entice subscribers, it's then DAZN job to ensure they stay by putting out more great content. It's a different model, in my opinion I can see it being a more effective one, and drastically cutting down ppv's

For DAZN they will be slowly steadily looking at building that subscriber base, and the consumer gets value for money even if they keep the subscription all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    How is it the biggest when Floyd was guaranteed 300 million for less fights and actually made more than that. Canelos 365 million is for 10 fights in 5 years.
                    Wrong!!! he was guaranteed 250 million with show time re-read you facts.

Comment

• everyone is talking about the financials of the deal, if its a good or bad deal, promoter BS...but what I wanna know is how screwed over would everyone be if Canelo ended up getting KO'd his next fight? Hypothetically, if in Canelo's first fight he got KO'd by Rocky Fking Fielding the boxing world might collectively stroke out and die.

Comment

Working...
                      X