Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Love To Make Luis Ortiz vs. Dillian Whyte For Dec. 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    He should, but won't, give Parker a well deserved rematch. The only reason Whyte won the first was a headbutt to the temple that resulted in a 3 point swing and affected Parker for several rounds afterwards.

there is nothing wrong with headbutting your opponent. look at wards career

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Parker has no opponent, just a date...just like Whyte and Ortiz.

So far as disagreeing, what part do you disagree with? Clearly it was not a knockdown, I assume we both agree on that. I thought Parker was winning the 2nd round handily and the knockdown changed what was a 1 point round for Parker to a 2 point round for Whyte.
      I don’t disagree it happened but there are a few factors which are important:

1) in real time at the time, everybody thought it was a knockdown. This included Parker, his promoter and trainer. Only in hindsight of replays did anyone realise otherwise.

2) this was relatively early and you just can’t predict how the rest of the fight would have happened.

3) no one from Parker side has suggested they want to rematch, infact quite the opposite. They were quite clear they wanted a couple of build back up fights given he lost a couple of the bounce; he doesn’t want to risk 3 losses in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        Frampton and Warrington is a must see as far as I’m concerned and although I’d like to see Whyte Ortiz too I’d have more interest in the Warren card.

Whyte and Ortiz in their respective divisions aren’t as good as the two Brits, they’re like both top four guys whereas Ortiz and Whyte are top ten.
        I don’t disagree with your last comment, although both Whyte and Ortiz could be argued as anywhere from rank3 to 10 probably - but the difference is its heavyweight and that makes it far more appealing. As much as it’s never good for a clash of Ppv - and particularly since frank puts his up first - if it is arranged same date he would be far better re-arranging in my vieW. Maybe a fight between Xmas and new year? That would do awesome numbers but I know fighters don’t ever seen to arrange fights during that period

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          No way is Hearn letting Whyte get KTFO on a Wilder vs Fury undercard.

A Joshua vs Whyte in house matchup is the stuff Hearn’s dreams are made of
          Sadly I think your right

Comment

Forget all the fanboys, make it happen Hearn. Please dont lowball Ortiz and claim he is to blame.

Make a credible offer for a change, so this fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
              I don’t disagree it happened but there are a few factors which are important:

1) in real time at the time, everybody thought it was a knockdown. This included Parker, his promoter and trainer. Only in hindsight of replays did anyone realise otherwise.

2) this was relatively early and you just can’t predict how the rest of the fight would have happened.

3) no one from Parker side has suggested they want to rematch, infact quite the opposite. They were quite clear they wanted a couple of build back up fights given he lost a couple of the bounce; he doesn’t want to risk 3 losses in a row.
              https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/106193439/joseph-parker-would-love-dillian-whyte-rematch-after-damaging-headbutt-blow

It isn’t Parker who doesn’t want a rematch

Comment

Make this fight happen ASAP!! I wanna see this go down NO EXCUSES!!

Comment

"If Chisora don't want to fight or a deal can't be done then, he's ready. If Luis Ortiz really wants the fight then let's do it. A WBC eliminator, a great fight."

Man forget Chisora he's a scrub no one wants to see that again! Ortiz or nothing!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    That's short sighted, then.

Because name recognition in America, in front of a Showtime PPV audience on the same card as Wilder, could lead to bigger money that he can bank down the road.
                    Wilder can't fill a stadium or do PPV how would whyte get it from fighting Ortiz on a Showtime undercard ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                      Forget all the fanboys, make it happen Hearn. Please dont lowball Ortiz and claim he is to blame.

Make a credible offer for a change, so this fight happens.
                      How can you low ball Ortiz?

The guy fought for the WBC title and made about or in the area of 500,000 for a WORLD title fight ? lol

That's like Wilder claiming hes getting crack head money with 15 million guaranteed but he averaged 1.4 million per fight so far...lol

Ortiz record is not on the line ,whytes is bc hes actually fought relevant fights and has Joshua in line while Ortiz fights stupid fights for 3 years now outside title shots.
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-07-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X